Chapter TwentySix

Start from the beginning

Kayden soon entered the stockroom again. I felt his eyes on my back as I finished my task.

"Thanks for that."

I turned to him with a grin. "Scratch my back, I scratch yours."

He hummed and lifted me from the ladder without warning. I squealed as he spun me around and planted me on the floor with ease.

"Kayden!"

The genuine smile was back on his handsome face. "Why are you screaming?"

"You scared me!"

"Shh. Not so loud." He held my chin and guided my face closer to his. With no words, he kissed me. I shut my eyes and felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders. Kayden's kisses were therapeutic; slow, sensual and intense. It was as if he was conveying his rawest emotions from the past couple of weeks in this gesture alone.

I reciprocated, slinking my arms around his neck. Excitement prickled in my gut when he hooked his finger in the waistband of my trousers and pulled my groin into his. My mouth opened in a sigh and he caressed my tongue with his own.

His hands shifted to my bum and squeezed. I moaned into his mouth, my rationale slowly slipping. Kayden eased me against the wall, his large hands fondling me as his lips crushed mine desperately, possessively.

I turned away to break the kiss, gulping in air. "Someone might come."

Kayden didn't respond. His lips latched onto my neck, sucking and biting. I swallowed hard and whined when he angled his hips into mine. Then his fingers found my zipper. He dragged it down slowly.

"Later," I whispered, hoping it would stop him. As much as I wanted him, I couldn't risk getting caught and losing my job. But Kayden was so consumed by lust he didn't seem to give a damn.

He pulled back, his lips plump and wet. The carnal look in his eyes told me he would hold me to that promise. With a single nod, he pulled away completely, grabbed a stray accessories box, and headed out the back.

I took a few seconds to compose myself before going to the shop floor. There, I saw Mohammed pricing some items by the till. I joined him and helped to finish the outstanding tasks. We engaged in general chit-chat, but I noticed Mo was glancing at me sideways the odd time.

"What?" I asked.

"Your fly's open."

Shocked, I glanced at my zipper. I'd forgotten to fix it after Kayden tugged it down in the stockroom. I pulled the zipper back up and coughed nervously. Mohammed sniggered.

My shift was finally over. After changing in the staffroom, I said my goodbyes to everyone, Kayden included, and walked to the bus stop. My phone rang as I stepped on the 35 bus.

"Hey Shubdi."

I heard Drake smile through the phone. "What's good, Punjib? You at work?"

"Just left. We shut early today."

"Damn. Was gonna pass through."

I took a seat on the top deck and the bus pulled away from the kerb. "Why, what's up?"

"I'm going to a motive tomorrow and I need a new hat. Need to stay drippy, you feel me?"

I laughed. "You could always go back tomorrow."

"Gonna have to now." He sighed. "You wanna come to this ting?"

"Not really."

"Aw, why?"

"I have no idea who or where it is, I'm not just gonna turn up."

Drake laughed. "Good point. My boy's celebrating coming out of hospital. It was a close call."