Chapter 19

Elizabeth's POV

After the talk with my mother, I decided maybe it would be a good idea to finally shower. My hair is tangled and my skin doesn't feel smooth.

I turn on the shower and undress while I wait for the water to be warm enough. I check if it's ready and it is, so I step in and begin to adjust the water so it's right on top of my head.

Just as I'm about to reach for the shampoo, my phone begins to ring on the counter sink. I peep my head out, to get a look at the caller ID. It's Francisco. I turn off the water and step out, quickly wrapping the towel around my body. I slide my wet finger across the phone and luckily, it answers the call.

"H-e-ll-ooo?" I chatter as I pick up the phone close to my ear.

"Hey, what are you doing?" His deep voice sounds on the other end.

"I'm trying to sh-shower," I bounce on my tippy toes.

"Oh shit, my bad," he chuckles lightly, "do you think I can go over?"

"My mom's home.." I say as I lean against the sink.

"So? I just want to talk," he says.

"Okay, that's fine," I smile, "you can come over now and by the time you get here, I'll be out."

"Okay, on my way," he says before he hangs up.

I put my phone down and turn the water back on, I take off my towel and get in the shower.

Francisco's POV

I get in my car and drive over to Elizabeth's house. It's not far and I can literally walk there but I really don't want to and I kinda want to be there before she's out.

I get to her house and park in her driveway since there's only one car there. I get out and walk up to her porch. I knock on the door and her mom comes to answer.

"Hi," she smiles widely.

"Hello," I smile back at her.

"Come in," she opens the door wider for me. I step in and thank her as I cross into the living room.

"You must be here to see Elizabeth," she sits on the arm of the couch.

"Yeah, she knows I'm here," I nod as I look towards the staircase.

"Well then," she motions for me to go to my destination. "You must know which room is hers, right?"

"Uh no, I um, no I don't know," I shake my head as I balance on my heel.

"First room to your left," she says as she walks away to the kitchen.

"Thank you," I call out as I head upstairs to her room.

I see her room almost instantly. It's wide open and next to her room, is the restroom which is where she's showering. I hear her humming so I suppose she's enjoying her shower. Maybe even shaving or uh I don't know, whatever girls do in there.

I walk into her room, spotting a very dark setting but pleasant at the same time. I turn on the light and walk over to the window to open it, letting in some fresh air. It feels stuffy.

I sit on her bed and get bored almost instantly. I begin to walk around her room, looking at her stuff then I stop at the little drawer by her bed. There's a small lamp and a notebook.

I pick it up and open it. Pictures drop on my lap and I pick them up, turning them over. It's a few pictures of Elizabeth when she was a baby. I can see her exact same face but smaller.

I put the pictures back into the notebook and close it, putting it back on top of the drawer. I slowly open the top drawer and to my surprise . . . Elizabeth's underwear.