17 Marc and Missy

Image: Marc Solomon.

Mood: swipe left and tap the media box above to listen to I Love You Always Forever covered by Betty Who.

Lydia

After that night, I fell asleep in Marc's arms, only to be woken up in the morning by the harsh sunlight. I thought he would have left, but he was still asleep. I put my clothes back on and walked out of the house as quietly as I could.

I performed the awkward walk of shame as I passed right by a few people who were already up from their drunken slumber.

Don't look back.

Then, I caught the bus back to my place and called Carrie.

"Carrie, you are not going to believe what happened!"

"Hmmm, darling, I'm still asleep."

"Sorry, you want me to call you back later?"

"Nah. What's up, sweetie?"

"I just did the walk of shame. I slept with Marc Solomon last night."

"Hmm, yeah, I figured. You did WHAT?"

Later that day, I met up with Carrie at the campus bookshop cafe and outdoor restaurant at a reasonable hour. She was with Johan and his sister, Kelsey, who was visiting for the weekend.

Guess who also turned up about thirty minutes into our conversation? Marc freakin' Solomon! He had showered, changed, and looked... well, like a demigod. I couldn't believe I slept with this guy the night before.

Marc and Johan greeted each other and did some handshake I'd seen guys do in movies and TV shows. Marc pulled a seat next to me and asked if it was fine for him to sit there.

"Go right ahead," I said, trying to act relaxed and carefree.

He ordered a coffee, an Americano. I ordered a skinny chai latte. After the waiter took the order, Marc looked over at me and leaned forward.

"Hey, how are you?" He stroked my arm, gazing deeply into my eyes. Oh, he was super fine!

"I'm good, how about yourself?" I asked calmly. Inside, my nerves were a jittery mess. Carrie glanced at me and then at Johan. Oh, dear.

"Never better," he smiled a super big grin and leaned back. He stretched out his arm, covered his yawn with his right hand, and simultaneously placed his left arm around the back of my chair, lightly gripping the edge.

"Did you enjoy last night?" he teased.

I nearly spat my water out. Could he be any more provoking? What did he want? When was my chai latte coming?

The conversation among the group continued, and we talked about sunrises and sunsets on the beach. This led to Marc asking me to join him on a beach walk later in the week and a party next weekend.