I rested my head on his shoulder as he buried his face in the crook of my neck while breathing in my sweet vanilla like scent.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, I felt safe in his warm embrace, the way he was gently holding me close to him as if I was a fragile object that could break at any minute.

It felt like nothing in the world could possibly ruin this moment but unfortunately, a car horn sounded loudly outside ryders house. Jace. The date hang out thing.

I looked up at Ryder and his once happy content smile dropped into an almost sad and grumpy one.

"Do you have to go?" He whines into my neck his grip tightening around me.

"Yes Ryder, I promise I'll make you chicken soup when I get home." I said letting go of him and prying his arms off from around my body.

"What if something bad happens?" Ryder asks dramatically as I get off of his lap and make my way out of his bedroom.

"What if he chews with his mouth open?" Ryder says rushing after me as I'm almost halfway down the stairs.

"What if he-" Ryder get cut off by a knock at the door.

we both dart for the door at the same time. I just manage to trip Ryder and beat him to the door. I open it and I am faced with the blue-eyed boy. Jace.

He was wearing a white and black striped shirt, black skinny jeans, white converse and to pull the look together he was wearing a tan snapback. he looked so good some would say hot and others might say gorgeous.

"You look beautiful.' He said looking me up and down with a smile.

"Thank you." I said trying not to blush.

"Ready to go?" He asked scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah let's go." I smiled as he turned around and started walking to his car.

I looked back into the house, I was met with ryders hazel eyes and a sad grumpy expression plastered onto his face.

"Be careful I'm always a call away." He said closing the door.

I walked over to jaces car and got into the passenger seat. His car was nice it was a newer car it had leather seats and a logo that read 'BMW' on it.

I'm not really a car person but I could tell it would have had to be expensive.

Jace and I made small talk on the way to where ever he was taking me. We had gone out of the residential areas and made our way towards the built-up city like atmosphere. there were millions of shops I had never even been aware of.

"So are you related to Fox?" Jace asked, his eyes glued to the road as we stopped at a red light.

"Um n-no, I'm just staying with him f-for a little, we are just friends." I stuttered but answered his question.

"Oh, nice. I was sort of worried that you and him were together." He laughed nervously as the light turned green.

We stayed in a comfortable silence for about five minutes when he stopped the car in a car park. I looked up at the restaurant name.

Olive Garden.

Alex had told me about this place numerous times, he said that the breadsticks were to die for.

Both Jace and I got out of the car and walked into the semi-busy restaurant. We were quickly seated down at an empty booth that was placed next to a big glass window.

We both looked through the menus when a waiter bought us some breadsticks and took our orders. Jace had chosen a chicken carbonara with coke and I picked a garden salad with water.