Deal breaker

"Well, hello there. What do we have here? Sasuke.. did you bring me a gift? You shouldn't have.." His voice was filled with arrogance.
My boss rolled his eyes, "Quit trying to flirt with my secretary." He uttered, pulling a chair for me to sit before taking his own seat, right across the client.

He sighed and pouted, "You're no fun, Sasuke.." He spread open his laptop.

"I'm not here for fun, if I was, I'd just bring him home. Why would I come here?" He patted firmly on my shoulder, eyes locking with the client. The air was starting to get tense..

Wait. As I digested what he said to the client, I understood the meaning behind it.

I turned to him and glared. How can he say that to a client?! He's being possessive and jealous over a joke!

He's embarrassing me!

He didn't return eye contact and simply started the meeting as if he didn't just make a fool out of me. I shook my head and murdered him in my head before I started up my laptop.

I noted the down the conditions, plannings, questions to ask and our views with reasons.
They spoke really fast as if debating and so, I had to type really quick to catch up on every critical word. By the time the meeting was done, my fingers were gone.

Both parties compromised and we waited for the contract to be printed. While waiting staff to do up and finalise the contract, three of us were left in the huge meeting room.

The clicking of our client's pen was the only noise that echoed in the now quiet conference room. It stopped abruptly as it landed on the floor. "Oops, Naruto.. would you be kind enough to pick that up for me?" His words trailed with intent. I raised my brows and raised from my seat. "Sure.."

Sasuke grabbed my wrist before I could make my way towards him, he shook his head requesting me not to go over to the other side of the room.

I, too shook my head in response. Telling him it was okay. He let go in defeat, and I walked over to the man who was comfortably sitting a feet away from the ball point pen on the ground.

I bend over and clutched the pen before returning it to him.

He gently held it in his hand and a part of my finger. "See, that wasn't so scary, was it?"

I withdrew myself from his grasp. "Not scary at all." I snorted, showing that I'm not afraid of him.

"Good." He smirked, as his HR team came back with the printed contracts.

They laid in on the table, and silence filled the air as both my boss and client read thoroughly before signing on the dotted line. I signed the contract too, as witness.

Sasuke stretched out his hand, remaining professionally, for a handshake to signify a successfully closed deal between them.

"Pleasure working with you." He grinned.

"No, pleasure's all mine." Sasuke grinned back.

I was just standing in the middle, like a rabbit in a lion's den. Waiting to be eaten..

This doesn't feel safe..