Chapter 23: Getting Ready

Start from the beginning

"So the Guardian we saw die was someone else?"

"Yes. He was willing to sacrifice his own life to save others. Though he will be missed, he died a hero and that is a debt I can never pay back. And if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here joining forces with the Cadars."

Firestar understood now why Darkmoon faked his death, even though he was still a little angry, he was glad and now they had a fighting chance with the new Guardians and the hundreds of Cadars by their side, the odds were starting to look up.

BlackHawk added the last few details to his sketch and brought it over for Firestar to see. The sketch showed that Sinergy's kingdom would be a hard one to enter. "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there," said BlackHawk pointing at the courtyard. "The most obvious entrance is the front and Sinergy, if he knows we are coming, will think we will try to enter anywhere but the front. That's our best option to get in. Since Sinergy has taken control of countless kingdoms, he has shipments come in from all over. You guys can disguise yourselves to look like routine guards dropping off your shipment, but the cargo you are hauling is hiding myself and the Cadars inside." "That's perfect. Take some of the Cadars and start making the wagons that we will be using and hurry, the sun will be setting in a few hours."

BlackHawk obeyed his orders and ran off. Firestar got to thinking maybe it was not the best idea to go undercover and maybe he should have told BlackHawk that when he was showing him the layout a few seconds ago. Then the strangest thing happened. Everyone started moving backward including BlackHawk who returned and started talking even though Firestar could not hear him as if someone had pressed mute.

Then as if someone had hit play he could hear everything again. What is going on? "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there," said BlackHawk repeating every word and action he had done only moments earlier. "Umm BlackHawk, you just told me that," said Firestar stopping him.

"I have not. How could I have told you this when I just walked over here?"

"You just walked over here about thirty seconds ago and told me we were going to enter through the main entrance undercover."

"Uh, Firestar. Are you feeling alright? That was my idea, but I haven't told you yet. How did you know that?"

"I'm not sure," said Firestar. Darkmoon who had not left his side spoke up. "Firestar what just happened? And tell me every detail." "Well... BlackHawk and I had just finished discussing our plan on how we would enter the Lamada kingdom when I told him to start making the wagons we would use. Then I thought to myself that I should have said something to BlackHawk when he was telling me his plan, that's when everything got quiet and started moving backward."

"Backwards?" Questioned Darkmoon. "Yeah. After a few seconds BlackHawk was here telling me his plan for a second time," finished Firestar. "I think I know what happened. Firestar, think of when you wanted to tell BlackHawk and close your eyes when you have done that open your eyes again."

Firestar complied and closed his eyes after a few seconds he reopened them only to have BlackHawk talking to him again. "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there." Why would BlackHawk repeat the same sentence three times? Maybe he has short-term memory loss, Firestar thought.

"I did what you asked Darkmoon. And the same thing happened."

"What are you talking about? I didn't ask you to do anything."

Now Firestar was confused and angry. "You just told me to close my eyes and think of when I wanted to tell BlackHawk something about the plan."

"I told you no such thing, but I think I know what's going on. Firestar, did you think of a certain time just a few moments ago?"

"Yes."

"Then it's true. You were able to time travel. That is your gift now that you are the leader of the Guardians." Firestar thought about this for a moment when he realized he could travel to anytime he wanted. He closed his eyes and thought about the last time he had seen Aqua and how he urged her not to leave to save BlackHawk. If he could travel back to that time, then he could rescue her by making sure she did not go to rescue BlackHawk.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Darkmoon and BlackHawk both staring at him. "I just tried to time travel, and nothing happened," stated Firestar. "Maybe you are only allowed to time travel a little into the past or future?" Suggested BlackHawk. This time Firestar closed his eyes and thought about the future. When he opened them, he saw BlackHawk and Darkmoon staring at him again, but this time in disbelief. "What's wrong?" "You disappeared," said BlackHawk. "For how long?"

"About thirty seconds," replied Darkmoon. When Firestar had time traveled the trip had been instantaneous, but to anyone else, it took thirty seconds of his disappearance before they caught up to him in the future. "Cool," was all Firestar could say. Thirty seconds was not very long, but it would come in handy if someone were to get shot and he could go back in time to prevent it. "How about you practice while we get things ready for the battle?" Firestar nodded his head and closed his eyes. "I would try doing it with your eyes open. We don't need you closing your eyes in the middle of a battle," said BlackHawk offering some advice.

Firestar said thanks as BlackHawk and Darkmoon walked off getting everything prepared for the battle, or war was more like it, that was about to happen. But one thing was for certain. There was only going to be one victor when the sun comes up the next morning and everyone in the cave prayed it was them.