Chapter 15

Spottedleaf was in her den mixing the poultice that Firepaw asked her to make for Yellowfang, who surprisingly joined Thunderclan a moon ago.
            Firepaw padded into the den. "Are you done with the poultice, Spottedleaf?" he asked. "Yep! Here you go!" Spottedleaf mewed, handing him the poultice. He sniffed it. "Blech!" he mewed. Spottedleaf purred with amusement. The two have grown close since Firepaw joined the Clan.
           "Why does it smell so horrible?" Firepaw hissed. "It's so the ticks can get off Yellowfang." Spottedleaf mewed. "Y'know, Firepaw, you're doing a great job with Yellowfang." Spottedleaf purred as she pressed against him. She drank in his scent.
           "Thanks." purred Firepaw. Spottedleaf purred back and started licking his head. "Spottedleaf. I want to tell you..." Firepaw started to say.
           "Where's that poultice, Firepaw?!" Yellowfang yowled.
           The two cats bristled. "I better go. Thanks for the poultice." he mewed. "Wait! What were you going to tell me?" Spottedleaf mewed. Firepaw looked into her amber eyes. "I...uh...I'll tell you another time, okay?" Firepaw mewed before padding out.
           Spottedleaf stared at him. "What was he going to tell me?" she thought. She shrugged and started sorting her herbs again.
---------------------------------------------
           Spottedleaf was asleep in her den. She woke up in a dream. She was in Starclan.
           "Why am I here again? I'm not even at the Moonstone." Spottedleaf thought.
           "You don't need to go to the Moonstone to visit Starclan. We can visit you in your dreams." said a recognizable voice.
           Spottedleaf turned around and saw Goosefeather. "Uh, hi." she mewed.
           Goosefeather's face was hard. "You're doing it again." he mewed.
           Spottedleaf tilted her head. "Doing what again?" she mewed.
           "You're falling in love again. You're falling in love with that Firepaw.  You know you can't have a mate, Spottedleaf. Especially if he's an apprentice." Goosefeather growled.
           "What? That's ridiculous! I'm not in love with Firepaw!" Spottedleaf lied, her cheeks feeling hot.
           Goosefeather squinted his eyes. "I've seen the way you look at him. I've seen the way you touch him. I know what you think about him. You have to stop. Your duties are more important than your love interests." Goosefeather hissed.
          "You don't understand what it's like to fall in love with someone, Goosefeather! You've never fallen in love! I can't just stop loving him!" Spottedleaf growled.
         Goosefeather sighed. "That's just it. You'll never stop loving him. And by the way, Redtail's death isn't your punishment. The punishment hasn't happened yet. But it will soon." Goosefeather mewed. He started to walk away.
         "Hey! Come back! I'm not done with you yet!" Spottedleaf yowled.
         "Spottedleaf...Spottedleaf..." a voice echoed in her dream. She twirled around. "Who's there?!" she demanded.
        "Spottedleaf!"
        She woke up and saw Firepaw. "Are you okay? You were murmuring in your sleep." he mewed.
       Spottedleaf sat up slowly. "Yeah. Just a dream." she mewed.
       Firepaw gave her a concerned look, but then smiled. "Wanna eat some prey with me?" he mewed.
       Spottedleaf stared at him. "You can't stop loving him. It doesn't matter what Goosefeather says. He's just a crazy old Starclan cat." she thought to herself. She smiled. "Sure. I'd love to." she mewed.
      Firepaw smiled back as they both padded out of the den.