CHAPTER 2 - That Awkward Moment

Start from the beginning

 Once they arrived, Scott opened the car door for her and extended his right arm so that Allie would hold on to. They strolled around Central Park just letting the natural breeze pass through their faces. "See? Isn't this just nice?" Scott asked but Allie didn't say anything to him. He looked at her and she was leaning on his shoulder, he could tell she was tired. 

Then they see Drew and laid out a big blanket and had a basket full of food. Scott helps her sit down and Drew gives her a sandwich. "Isn't it just so nice out, Allie?" Scott asked. "Okay, you two are up to something. Spill it!" She said but Scott and Drew just laughed. Drew grabbed Allie's hand and looked into her eyes. "Allie..." he starts. 

Allie looks behind him and she sees Chase and a girl walking with coffee in both their hands. Drew and Scott look to her direction and her smile disappears. Chase notices the familiar faces and as he got nearer, his heart dropped.

Allie stood up slowly with Drew's help. Chase slows down and meets her gaze. "A-Allie?" He said. "Chase." She replied. 

"Y-you're pregnant?!" He exclaims and is surprised by the sight of the bulging stomach. 

Scott goes to the side and Allie holds Drew's arm leaving Chase still speechless. 

"W-who's the father?" He asked and he had that gut feeling hoping it would be his. 

"I-it's uhm, it's... Drew's." She blurted out. Drew looked at her furiously and was surprised by the notion. "I am?" He asked then Allie hit him in the stomach. "Ouch, uhm. Yeah I'm the father of this unborn child." He said awkwardly. 

"So I guess you two are together?" Chase asked. As much as it pained her to say it she said, "Yes." Chase's surprised face turned into anger. Then they awkwardly stared at each other then looked at the girl behind Chase. "Oh shoot! I completely forgot. This is my friend, Isabella. Isabella, these are some of my old friends." Chase said coldly. "It's nice to meet all of you." Isabella said and smiled. "So it was good seeing you, Allie." He said coldly. "But we have to go." He said and then bid his goodbyes. 

Allie sat down feeling so heartbroken. "Why the hell didn't you tell him it was his baby?!" Drew exclaimed. "Allie, why didn't you tell him the truth?!" Scott shouted. "Because he looked happy without me, that's just what he needs. He doesn't need me to bring him down and take his money, you know." She said softly and a tear dropped from her right eye. "You know that's not true." Scott said. 

Then there was a moment of silence. "Take me home." She said and got up and started walking. Eventually, Scott caught up to her and hugged her then took her home. When Allie arrived all she could think of was how Chase reacted to her pregnancy. "Who's the father?" she thought. She wanted to tell him so bad.

"What was that about?" Isabella asked. "What was what about?" Chase evaded the question. "Was that your ex?" She asked. "Are you a vet or are you psychic because I'm having a hard time figuring out that part." He joked. "I'm just good at guessing, I guess." She replied. "Yes, that was my roommate." He said as he frowned. 

"Are you okay? Because you sound kind of disappointed that she didn't say your name." She pointed out and sipped her coffee. "Didn't say my name?" He asked and Isabella nodded. "I don't really wanna talk about it." He said softly. 

Isabella could see the hurt on his face and felt the hurt in his tone. "Look, can we just drop the subject? I want to spend time with you and I don't want to think about Allie okay?" He said as he looked her in the eye and Isabella nods. 

As they stroll around Central Park making their way to the zoo, Chase couldn't stop thinking about Allie and the baby. As they arrived at the Central Park Zoo, Isabella put on her work clothes and went inside the penguin enclosure to feed them. Chase watches Isabella enjoy feeding the penguins as he takes sips of his coffee and steals glances whenever he can from Isabella.