Chapter 17: Party

Start from the beginning

Kotori giggled approvingly. "Same here." They had a moment of silence before Kotori clapped her hand together.

"Oh! Nico-chan is here if you want to see her." Kotori turns to look at the redhead.

And on instinct, Maki looked around to find her girlfriend. She saw familiar faces from her school, but not her raven-haired lover.

"Where is she? I can't seem to see her here?" Maki asked the shorter girl. They were at the living room, where the party is taking place. It was big and spacious, but it was a bit crowded with parents and students. But it certainly isn't cramped.

"She's in the dressing room. She's apparently helping Nozomi-chan. But I don't really know what she meant by that..."

"Well, if it's her then it probably has something to do with Nozomi's makeup and dress."

"Hehe, probably."

Kotori and Maki then continued having their small conversation before getting interrupted by two women. It was Nia and Maria who decided to stop by and say hi to the two girls.

(A/N: If you don't remember who their parents are, then just look at the first letter of their names. Ex. Nia = N for Nico, Maria = M for Maki, Erio = E for Eli.)

"Hey there, girls." Nia smiled pleasantly, this made Maki blush a bit as she remembers the same smile her lover would give to her. Nia saw this and giggled, while Maria pouted.

"Hey! That's not fair! How can you make my daughter all so flustered and I can't!?" Maria crossed her arms angrily, and both Nia and Kotori laughed at the two redhead tsunderes.

"That's because I look like Nico-chan. I'm pretty sure my daughter can make yours all flustered every time." Nia smirked smugly at Maria and teasingly at Maki. This made Maria grin at her blushing and embarrassed daughter.

"I-I..." Maki stuttered, "I have to go!" And with that said, the redhead dashed away from the two moms and Kotori. The three remaining laughed at Maki's small scene.

"I'm going to go after her. See you later, Nia-san, Maria-san." Kotori smiled at the two before walking the same way Maki had run off to. Maria smiled then nudged Nia on the shoulder, succeeding to make the raven-haired woman look at her.

"So... Maki and Nico, huh?" Maria smiled with satisfaction. Nia looked at her then the path Maki and Kotori had gone off to. She smiled happily and gladly before breathing out a word that had a lot of joyful emotions in it.

"Yeah..."

----------------------------------------

Erio took a deep breath in the car and adjusted his tie nervously. Both Eli and Umi saw this and smiled at him encouragingly. They both knew that Erio was a bit nervous to see his old friends again after a few years.

Even Umi was a bit nervous; it had been years since she had last seen Kaoru. Umi got a bit overwhelmed at the thought of her not allowing a relationship for her and Kotori, but she doubts Kaoru would be against it.

Umi felt a hand on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw Eli -arms stretched out- in the passenger seat smiling at her. She gave her a quick nod before heading on out the car. Umi took a deep breath with her eyes closed then continued on out the car.

As she opened the door, Umi felt the warm summer breeze hit her face. Since it was evening, the weather has been a bit more breezy and cold. But not cold enough to make Umi freeze to death.

The three walked into the entrance where the maids had greeted them, then they were led into the living room. The place was full of familiar faces, and immediately as they got in, Umi could smell the faint scent of Kotori.