𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒓

Start from the beginning

"This?" She looks at all of us. "Oh, this isn't a rock. It's a hardened piece of skin left behind from the female titan."

Armin's eyebrows raise so high that they threaten to disappear into his hairline. The genius side of him is alerted. "It didn't vanish?"

"No." Hanji says. "It didn't simply go poof. And when I compared it to debris from the wall, the texture and composition were identical! To put it simply, we are living inside of titan barricades. The walls are literally made of hardened titan skin!"

"You're kidding." Mikasa says, aghast. "That's what Armin was telling me earlier."

Armin's mind is working a million miles per second. He gasps, "So then—"

Hanji slams her hand over his face, shutting him up. We all stare at her. But to be honest, I don't think any of us are surprised. "Don't steal my thunder, kid." She says and grins her evil scientist grin, "right now, we don't have a boulder big enough to plug the hole in Wall Rose. But where there's a will there's a way. Picture Eren," She looks at the titan-shifter, "using the hardening ability to patch up the wall."

We all wait for Eren to react. He appears doubtful, but impressed by her problem solving nonetheless. "I guess, that's a good plan—"

"I know we're always pressuring you. But do you think you can do it?" Hanji asks.

"It doesn't matter what he thinks. The question is... will you do it?" Corporal Levi's eyes are cold as ever. Not to mention his tone. "That's the reality. Our comrades are breaking their backs. But without you, it's nothing. Failure is not an option."

I wish they would stop pressuring him further, but at the same time, I can kinda see his point. We wait for Eren's answer. Finally, after what feels like an eternity, he nods. Determination radiates off of him.

"Yes, sir. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes." He says dutifully.

I take his hand discreetly in mine and give it an encouraging squeeze. He gives me a small smile, and for a moment there he's never seemed more sure of himself.

꒰ 🥀 ꒱

(5 Hours Later)

It's still so hard to believe.

"Another one bites the dust." I say as we watch Ymir get medically attended.

"More and more of them are being found out. First Annie, now Ymir..." Eren says darkly. "I wonder who will be next..."

I snort. "Yeah. Could be standing right besides you..."

Eren looks at me up and down, appalled that I would suggest such a thing. "You're crazy." He then smirks. "You'd probably be useless as a titan. They need to be tall, remember?"

I glare at him. Its in that moment that I realize how much I have to tilt my neck to meet his eyes, which only makes me madder. Damn tall people...

He notices and smiles affectionately. "You're so cute when you're mad."

"Shut up, Jaeger." I snap, but secretly I hope that my cheeks aren't blushing.

He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close. I look around shyly, already knowing what he's planning on doing.

"Eren, this is a serious situation! We're on active duty!" I protest quietly. On the inside, though, I don't want him to stop.

"No ones watching... c'mon, just one kiss." He says childishly and puffs out his cheeks.

How could I say no to that? "Fine." I say, and after one last scan to check no one's watching, I lean in.

"Help!" Someone shouts.