Possibly

His heart flew up to his throat. His hands began feeling clammy. He started to sweat. He felt faint. Anxiousness riled up inside. He shifted in anticipation. He could barely hear the loud, uncontrollable noises from the animals as he walked. It was as if he was meeting his lover for the first time.

His possible lover. He had to remind himself that it wasn't for sure. He didn't know that the animal had Tord's soul in it. He thought so, he really did, almost positive, but he could never be sure unless he humanized him, and he had no way to do that now.

He was so wrapped up in the impossible sureness of Tord being the corgi that he walked right into the woman who led him to his boy. He mumbled out a sorry and she laughed it off. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small body with a caramel pelt and adorable eyes.

It was him. It was Tordun. It was Tord.

He felt the tears coming and didn't feel the need to hold them back. They came in drops one by one and fled down his face, coming out of his pitch black orbs. He smiled, then hid it with his hand while the other went to hold the flesh above his heart, which pounded against his rib cage in affection.

The woman smiled at him but he didn't meet her eyes. He was waiting for her to open the cage door so he could feel his boy.

The dog inside was awaiting the opening of the door as well. He had seen all of his siblings go just that day and knew that he had to be next. The man who he assumed would take him away held very good energy. He wagged his tail in excitement and jumped against the door until the lady who fed him told him sternly not to.

Then the door was open and Tordun leaped out, even as the woman yelled at him not to jump up and rapidly apologized to Tom, saying that he wasn't usually like this. Tom didn't hear her. He held the puppy's paws and for a second he thought that he was holding human hands. Tord's hands.

He knelt down and let the corgi lick his face. His smile was broad as he laughed. He whispered kindly, "I'm here now, Tord. I'm here." His dog ran in a circle and jumped at him again, then barked it's cute noise.

He had forgotten about the dog possibly not being the real Tord until the woman ask him, "Is that what you're naming him?"

"What?" he asked, startled out of his enjoyment.

"You said Todd or something, is that what you're naming him?"

He scoffed under his breath, his hands still patting his puppy. "Tord-" he stopped in realization. Tord might not be this animal. His heart dropped to his stomach and a tear dropped for a different reason than the others. "Tordun. His name is Tordun."

"That's a cute name. Here, let me take him and we can get your paperwork," she said, leaning down as if to pick his boy up. Tom growled lowly. "I got him," he said with a harsh undertone. He gently lifted the puppy and held him lovingly in his arms as the dog squirmed to lick his face again.

They went back to the front desk and the woman got out some papers. He reluctantly put his boy down to sign his name on the documents. The lady gave him a collar and leash and looked at him expectantly. Again, he growled. He didn't want to put a collar on his lover. They were mutuals, he wasn't greater just because he was human. He did it anyways to avoid being judged.

He left the place as the lady hollered a one-sided goodbye at him. He went into the car and immediately pushed all of his attention onto the dog. He was able to let happiness overtake him without any distraction. He felt it. He felt joy. He felt affection and amazement and happy.

The fur felt soft against his hand. It felt like Tord's hair and again he thought that he was feeling the horn-shaped hair atop of his lover's head. He closed his eyes and could see the Norwegian's face; he blushed.

He drove home with Tordun's head in his lap, still smiling. He carried the dog into the apartment, sure that nothing bad would happen ever again.

Obviously, he was wrong.

Opening the door to the room, he noticed Edd and Matt in their usual position on the couch. The green clad boy looked over and choked on the cola he was drinking. "Tom what the fuck!?" he yelled. Matt jumped and looked over to him. His face brightened and he jumped up only to be pulled back down by Edd.

"What?" he stuttered out. His heart dropping back down to his stomach and the faint feeling to his head.

"Matt's allergic to dogs, you idiot!"