Lets do this

Tom's pov.

So today is the day, the 2012 Olympics has begun and my destiny is upon us.

Today me and my diving partner, Peter (Pete for short) are doing our synchronised 10m diving competition.

This would be my first chance to check out the competition for my individual dives in a weeks time.

There are 3 heats I have to get through before even thinking about a medal placing so me and Pete had out work cut out.

I got up early and packed my back for the days events.

First of all I had an interview with sky sports about the other divers I would be competing against and also to explain the scoring system a little.

Then I was off to the aquatics center to do the 'dress run' or warm up.

After the warm up I would have a light practice with Pete and then a swim in the pool to get prepared and chilled out.

It would then be the first heat and me and Pete would dive like our lives depend on it.

I then had another interview for itv1.

If we got in the top 18 then we would go through to heat 2.

I would go to lunch with Ellie and catch up with her for a bit after heat 2

If we got through to the top 12 then we would be competing in the final ( where you can get a medal place).

That are the days events so I will be really busy, it will be nice to see Ellie though, its been over a week and the only contact we had was via twitter.

Once I had eaten I left the Olympic village and walked towards the interview rooms that sky sports had set up.

Once inside I was greeted by Samantha, the presenter.

"3...2...1....LIVE" The producer said before the interview started.

"Hello and welcome to a very special episode of sky sports, Olympic fever is sweeping the world and we are right in the heart of that. Today I'm here with Olympic diver and teen hearthrob TOM DALEY!" Sam said excitedly.

"Hi Tom, how have you been?" Sam asked kindly.

"Hey, I've been great thanks but very busy" I said truthfully.

"So Tom many people have been wondering about the scoring of diving as it can be a little confusing" Sam said.

"Yes, it took me a while to get use to it but the easiest way to explain it is that there are two things the judges are looking for, the difficulty of the dive and execution of the dive so if you do a high difficulty dive but make a large splash your score will be lowererd considerably" I said trying my best to explain.

"Thanks for clearing that up Tom, now I was wondering, which competion are you the most worried about, the syncro or your individuals ?" Sam questioned.

"I'd say both simply because diving is one sport where you don't know how its going to go until the day, you could spend months training but if you're having a bad day then those months are useless you might as well be new to the sport" I responded.

"Is there any countries or divers you'd say were your biggest competition?" She asked daringly.

"Well I'd say that all the divers are amazing so its going to be tough to get up there in the tables but China seems to always be amazing at diving and also Germany." I replied.

"So many of us are wondering how old you were when you began to dive and how much time you have spent perfecting the dives " Another presenter asked.

"Well I think I began to be interested in the sport when I was around 6 but I first thought 'hey I could do that' was when I was 7 and my Dad took me swimming. I started off just jumping off and then I did a single summer salt and built it up. The time spent perfecting dives ranges from an hour to a few months it just depends on difficulty and the divers personal flexibility" I answered.

"So enough about the Olympics lets talk about you, what are you studying at school ?" A blonde haired man asked.

"I'm studying spanish, Maths and photography at A level" I responded feeling proud.

"So we have some twitter questions from your fans, @Horan_Gang wants to know: What did you eat for breakfast ?" Sam giggled.

"Nice question, directioner I see good on you I am too, I had a full English for an energy boost and a little treat shhh" I said in a joking way.

"@teamtomdaley49 want to know: If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you take and why ?" The blonde man who I found out was called Joe, asked.

"I'd take my laptop so I could keep in contact with my supporters, a camera so I could remember the experience because I take pictures and videos of EVERYTHING and lastly my special friend who can't be named, so I had someone to talk to." I said, smiling when I thought about the special friend (Ellie).

"So you say 'special friend" Sam said doing the quotaion marks with her fingers "Is Tom Daley off the market ?"

"Not offically" I said, feeling slightly awkward.

"Well thats all we've got time for, good luck Tom" Sam said before waving to the camera.

"And we're off" The producer said before I shook hands with the presenters and headed out of the room to find my next event of the day.

I signed a few autographs and had a few pictures with supporters before a lady with a mic approached me.

"Tom do you have time for a few questions ?" She asked polietly.

"Sure but only 3 at most as I have warm ups " I said trying to be kind.

"What is the most important thing about these games" She questioned.

"The most important thing for me is to do my country proud" I responded.

"What do your fans mean to you ?" She interrigated.

"Everything" I replied, short and sweet.

"Thankyou Tom good luck" She said before smiling.

"Anytime" I said before carrying on my journey to the aquatics center .

"Tom you're late ! " Mr woods (Ellie's dad) scolded.

"Sorry coach, I had an unexpected interview" I said truthfully.

"Learn to say no Tom" He said harshly.

"I can't they got me where I am today, its only right that I show them how enternally grateful I am" I proudly stated.

"Hmm okay go get changed" He insisted.

I got ready before doing a lap of the diving pool and doing a few single, simply dives to warm up.

I also did my routine streches before Pete showed up.

Me and pete chatted for a while about the dives and any concerns we had.

We decided to have a practice of our dives which went well but we didn't have long before France came wanting their practice time so we had to leave.

We sat in the judges seats and calmed ourself whilst France practiced.

Soon enough the public was let in and were flocking to their seats.

I sat watching, trying to find a familiar face.

I waved at a few supporters with British flags and smiled at some competion who walked by.

I focused myself when someone caught my eye.

It was her.

Ellie.

Hope you like this part the main bit of the story will start to unfold now. I'm loving writing this so if you like it please remember to vote. Please fan too as I will be making this only available to fans soon, comment if you want me to continue or have any suggestions.Follow me on twitter (@horan_gang) for updates x