Chapter 10

New cover credit to @xchains 

*** So..... Hey guys, long time no update... Hehe sorry. I'm really sorry about it. I'm not going to lie to you and say it was because I was lazy or whatever. I was diagnosed with depression just after I updated this story last. and even before my last update my updates were short a spread out really badly. And after a while I just really lost my will to write. I just didn't want to, I didn't want to do a lot of things. My parents got really worried and took me to a counsler again. And he said it was depression, and I got the help I needed, and now I just feel better. School is starting soon, and I am going into grade 11. Last years school year was really hard for me because of the depression, I didn't go to school for two weeks in a row because I just couldn't get out of bed I didn't have the will to. And its not the best reason in the world as to why I didn't update this. I started in the multimedia design club, which helped me a lot, and I now have the will and ideas to write with. So here is my update that I started like two months ago and finished in the car today on my way to the city. I hope you enjoy it.

 Your no longer absent author Maureen.***

I glared at Cal, my brown eyes burning with anger; I looked at the vampires that had filled the room. Most of them looked around my age or just a little older. Cal stood at the other end of the room laughing softly. I looked at Carey and grinned. Cain and Cecily had moved so they were even closer to me. I looked at Justin and the looked he gave me told me that we were in some serious shit, and that if I didn’t find a way to get us out of there we were pretty much dead.

 I looked at the vampires in around us knowing there was no way to get away from them. I pushed a piece of my black hair out of my face and stood a little straighter “So what’s it going to be Cassie? Are you going to let your friends die, or are you going to say yes?” Cal asked taking a step towards our small group again I growled loudly stopping him from taking another step towards us. My father was no longer anywhere to be seen, coward I thought. My brother was standing in the corner of the room looking down at his feet, still bleeding from his arm.

A blonde vampire girl, who was very pretty stepped forward as if to try and grab me but Cecily was already there swatting at the girl with her paw, her razor sharp claws racking down the girls arm. The girl let out a horrible scream as her arm started to bleed horribly, the vampire beside her a boy with dark brown hair looked at her and the blood rushing from her arm. “What the hell?” He said as he realized that the wound on her arm wasn’t healing like it should have been. Vampires heal relatively fast but vampires that get wounds from Cain or Cecily don’t, they are lucky to heal at all. I always thought it was pretty handy. “You won’t heal like you usually do, I would try and cover the wound and stop the bleeding if I were you.” Justin said to the girl who was starting to go even whiter then she already was if that’s even possible “The cats claws are poisoned with something that stops a vampire advanced healing, you’ll be lucky to survive that, if Cassie doesn’t end up killing you first.” He said with a small grin, the vampire boy beside the bleeding girl looked panicked and backed up away from both the girl and my cats. Not even a minute later the girl fell to her knees holding her arm as it continued to bleed. Her blood pooling around her like a small lake of crimson on the plain marble flooring.

Cal didn’t look worried about the girl though, he didn’t even seem to really noticed on of his own was bleeding to death on the floor, he was staring at me “You still haven’t answered me yet Cassie.” He stated I looked at him but before I could open my mouth to say anything a voice rang though my head. “Use your new powers Cassie; you know what to do, just think.” I turned to Justin who just gave a small nod, I stood there thinking, trying to think of a way to get us out of there, then it was as if a light bulb had tuned on inside my head and I knew exactly what to do. I called both of my cats back and they disappeared into their astral plane with a growl of protest. I looked over at Cal and said “No Cal I will not marry you. Nor will you kill me or my friends.” Cal gave a nod “So be it.” But before any of his vampires could do anything I let my wings out vampires threw themselves back to get away from them. I thought hard as to where I wanted to go and then I went there, taking Justin and Carey with me.