Chapter 3 | News spreads fast

Start from the beginning

I began to panic and hyperventilate slightly, so I took a deep breath and tried to slow my breathing as I sat still on the couch and crossed my legs. I interlocked my hands into one fist, and sat up straight as my hands stayed in my lap. I began to meditate to calm my thoughts, this was something my therapist from when I was younger said might help if I continued to have panic attacks through my life. Much to my relief and surprise, it slowly began to work. I was lost in thought, but my breathing and heart rate began to settle. But it was then when I fully remembered what I done. And it felt... good, at least before I felt a pit form in my stomach. I dashed up the stairs and stumbled down the hall, but that wasn't any help for my stomach. I barely made it to the bathroom before I ended up throwing up what felt like my whole stomach.

Killing someone like that, it wasn't right. And yet I did it, and couldn't even remember it. 'Oh my god, what is wrong with me?' Was my only thought before I began to weakly shuffle to my room. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I sat down on the edge of my bed. As I had my head in my hands, I thought it would be a good idea to burn and replace my bandages and at least minimalise any attainable evidence. I grabbed my switchblade before muscling down my emotions and making my way back to the bathroom. I got inside and felt horrible. I walked back over to the toilet and knelt in front of it once again. I forced myself to throw up since it didn't want to come out naturally, but it was safe to say that there was some blood among the vomit. I flushed the toilet and wiped my mouth, I then used my switchblade to cut a line straight up through my bandages, but not touching my arms. Once they came off and dropped to the floor I made sure to hop in the shower. Once I was done washing, I dried myself off, wrapped a towel around my waist and then applied some fresh bandages. I decided I'd dispose of my old bandages another day, and far away from my house. I didn't want anyone to find me, so I wanted to make it seem like this and the murder were unrelated.

(Time Skip brought to you by murderer's guilt)

The weekend blew by quickly, and it was now Monday once again. I had to go back to hell, and I was not looking forward to it. I hoped (B/N) wasn't there, that'd be a good start to the week. And I definitely needed a win after the whole... 'vigilante act'. I smiled a little, knowing that 'vigilante' is just another word for anti-hero. 'Although those nicknames scream teenage edge' I thought as I laid in bed, trying to cheer myself up. It was 6:30 so I had to start getting ready, so with a groan I got up and stretched. Popping my back and shoulders like I do every morning. "Why does that feel so satisfying?" I muttered to myself as I grabbed some clothes. I wore (F/C) shoes, some black jeans, a (F/C) hoodie and a (S/F/C) t-shirt underneath. Fair and simple. And hopefully plain enough not to be made fun of.

I left my room and did the whole got ready as I would every morning, and by the time it was 7:15AM, I walked out of my door. With some earbuds in, I was listening to (F/S) on my phone and humming along to it without realising. On my way, I felt a light tap on my shoulder from behind. I turned to see it was Sally looking at me with her gorgeous emerald eyes, and her pure-hearted smile. "Hey, (Y/N)!" she greeted, seeming quite happy. I decided I was going to be nice, she was a smart girl and if she saw the news she could probably figure out I was the vigilante.
'I'd better stay on her good side' I thought to myself before speaking. "Morning, Sally. You seem happy" I said, taking my right earbud out.
"Well I am now that I've seen you!" She said, kind of excited.
"W-well thank you, I'm glad to see that you're well" I said rubbing the back of my head and blushing slightly under my hood. She giggled a little at my embarrassed stutter and proceeded to take my hand in hers, interlocking our fingers.
"S-Sally, w-w-what're you doing?" I said blushing harder, unintentionally making it more visible than before.
"I'm holding your hand, is that bad?" She questioned cutely, and a little disheartened.
"N-no, n-not at all..." I said, trailing off slightly.
"Okay, great!" She said, perking back up. "Oh, and before I forget: I didn't get to thank you for saving me, I'm not sure how to repay you but if you think of something, please let me know" she said, determined to help me out.
"Just be safer from now on, okay? I'd hate for something to happen to you without me being there" I said, without skipping a beat.
"W-w-well th-thank you, (Y/N)" she blurted out, blushing redder than a tomato. I simply chuckled a little as we continued walking. She pouted when I started to laugh, so to get back at me, she pulled my arm in between her bust and held it as we walked. Causing me to blush almost as much as her, this earned a slight giggle from her and she was more than likely satisfied with my reaction. She released my arm and went back to my hand and we eventually got to school and not to long after.