Chapter 9: Say Amen

Damn! I got caught! And almost apprehended by Gavrilo. Apparently that guy probably has acute vision or something. He just jumped me as soon as I got close. And he took my weapon away! So now here I am, hiding in the men's bathroom of all places. I heard someone knock on the door. Fearfully, I crept closer to the door. I was hesitant to touch the door as if it was made out of sulfuric acid. Someone knocked on the door again, which startled me. I gingerly grasped the door handle before I slowly opened the door. It was my boys! Dallon looked concerned for me. They walked into the bathroom to join me.

"Beebo, what happened?" He asked me.

"Well" I began. "I followed through with the plan but it backfired. Thanks to Gavrilo. He took my weapon away and practically jumped when I was so close to delivering the blow to Ezra and Asa."

"See, I told you you'd get caught but noooooo you didn't listen!" Alex scolded me like a mom scolding her kid. Yep, that rivalry is not going anywhere apparently. I was hoping he would treat me a bit more nicer, but I guess not.

"Well, I guess we are now going to have to try to find a way to get out of here." Domhnall said solemnly.

"Yeah." Dallon said.

"No!" I shouted. "I still don't have Patrick and I haven't even killed anyone yet!"

"Brendon, quit being a brat." Alex said.

"Besides, mate" Jason began. "We'll have better luck with that next time."

"You definitely need training if you failed." Adam said.

"Love, we are in enough trouble as it is." Dallon said gently, while placing a hand on my shoulder.

I thought for a moment. Part of me wanted to just run back out there and try again but this time, kill as many people I saw as possible & then capture Patrick once I've taken care of the boys. But the other half of me considered Dallon's words. I just couldn't stay mad at him for long.

I growled out of frustration before I grumbled, "Fine..."

"Good boy." Alex said.

We stood up and walked towards the door. But as soon as I opened the door and we stepped out, I heard someone yell, "Hey! I found them! They're over here! Hurry before they get away!"

That startled us, which caused us to run to the halls and make multiple turns while trying to find an exit. While we were running, I could have sworn I'd seen an apparition of Ryan.

'Impossible!' I thought as we ran. 'He was supposed to be dead!'

~*~*~*~*~

We made it to a corner. We had lost them. We were lost. This place was like a damn maze! So I had no choice.

"We should split up and try to find an exit out of here! We'll regroup once we are outside. Deal?" I asked.

We all looked at each other until everyone said they agreed with me. So it was settled, we ran in separate directions to try and get away from them.

~*~*~*~*~

I had been running for hours until I spotted some glowing red letters. I looked up and it read Exit. I don't believe it, I found one! Once I opened the door, apparently it triggered an alarm. So I bolted out of there in hopes no one would catch me. But as soon as I made one step, someone tackled me from behind. I opened my mouth to try and curse this individual out but I fell to the ground, chin first. I swear if I had fallen hard enough, I would have shattered it. But I heard a sickening crunch. At first, I thought I had broken my jaw but then I felt something running down my nose. I licked at it & was met with a coppery taste. Blood.

I was about to get up but then I felt someone sit on top of me. Whoever it was, they grasped both of my wrists tightly before getting up and forcing me back on my feet.

"Well, let's get you back inside and back to Gavrilo and Tom." The voice said. It sounded oddly familiar.

We walked back to the party room. I noticed that the other boys had already been captured and their masks were removed. Plus they all looked like they were beat up.

"Thank you for your help..." Gavrilo spoke. "...Ryan."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!