Chapter-2

Hey guys, it's me again, thank you so much for your time to read my story. Please keep encouraging me. Comments are appreciated. Also in case if you feel any similarities with the characters or the situations, it is purely coincidental. Thank you once again.

Previously on Dream of Sarah Jones

Saying so he hung up and faced towards the door, our eyes met. I felt the familiar shivers throughout my body, it’s been years I haven’t seen those hazel eyes which now showed full of surprise and happiness. I quickly broke our eye contact for a second and came further inside the room. He stood up and came near me in a trance state and touch my hand as if he was making sure that he wasn’t dreaming.

“Sally? Sally is that you?”

-------------------------------
(I'm narrating)
(I'm thinking)
(Flashbacks)

For a second my heart fluttered and my face faltered when I heard my nickname. His voice held full of shock and surprise to see me after so many years. But then I squared up my  shoulders I walked towards him, not showing how his one act made me to drop my guard.

“Mr. Smith nice to meet you. I’m Dr. Sarah Jones”. I said holding my hand to shake his formally.

“Sarah it’s me Benny”. I could see that he was hesitant to shake it, especially the way I introduced myself to him like a third person.

“I’m sorry Mr. Smith I think your mistaking me with someone else. I have  come here with a project. You were referred by one if my colleague.” I said, hinting him that I only came for business.

“Okay……Have a seat.”

We sat down, and for two whole minutes there was an awkward silence. The tension in the air was thick, not knowing who and what to start. Great now what.

"So.... What is this project Miss. Jones?". Finally..

“Recently I bought a site near the outskirts of the city and I want to build a charity trust there”

“Okay, do you have any preference or suggestions?”

“Well indeed I do”. I handed over a piece of paper to him and he took it from me with his fingers lingering on mine for little longer than usual.

His face held an expression which was pleading me to act with him like old times. Even he was finding it difficult to ignore the awkwardness in the room.

He read the contents in the paper intently. I tried to look away from him, but I couldn't. It's one of the qualities I admire in him, the way he gives all the undivided attention to every details to the things he likes.

I had many questions to ask him like how is he? How is his life? And more than anything I wanted to know how is she?

“Well this is very detailed Miss. Jones but I'll see that everything is covered in the blue print. If you don’t mind can I see the site?”

“Sure, how about tomorrow at 10, I can come and pick you up from here”

“That’s great. Fortunately I don't have any meetings at 10”

"Well then see you tomorrow”

“Thank you Mr. Smith, I've  heard of your reputation, your work speaks for yourself. I need this to be perfect”

“Don’t worry Miss. Jones; it will be exactly how you wanted it to be”

“Thank you once again. I take my leave now."

I tried to leave as soon as I spoke my last words. Before I  could touch the handle of the door a hand held me abruptly, which made me to loose my balance which made me twirl around and hit something hard.

When I opened my eyes I was in Benny's arms. He looked into my eyes which I knew was giving off a ghost of love I had for him for so long. I could see the hurt and sadness clearly in his eyes, it spoke volumes of how my actions was doing to him. But I don't want him to know that whatever he was feeling, I was feeling three times more.

“Sarah, are you still going to play the ‘I don’t know you game’ with me?”

“Are you asking me to see whether I’m telling the truth?”

This time I stared at him with no hint of emotions in my face. We were standing so close to each other, I was practically buried into his firm chest except won't my head, slowly he realised that his hand was placed on my wrist right near the pulse. I was scared that if I didn’t notice it sooner  he would have felt my heart beat beating erratically. After what felt like hours he retrieved to his normal posture and let me free.

I didn’t stop to look back at him, I quickly rushed out of the building into the parking lot and thats when I breath out the air I didn’t know that I was holding. If I haven’t come out of the cabin I would have given in to him and hugged him back. I shook my head and got into my car and rode back. The whole day my mind was half living in the past I was trying to forget.
The day felt like it was going slower than usual, reliving the feelings in the past drained my strength.

I decided to go home early in the evening. I parked my car in the garage and entered my apartment. My apartment is too big for a single person. The walls are painted in white with bright navy blue door, windows and curtains neatly folded to allow sunlight into the house.

The living room is filled with all the normal supplies like a wide comfortable black sofa, a glass tea table, a black 45-inch TV on the wall, well-crafted wooden shelves to keep all the fancy stuffs in it and other decorative things. The kitchen had all the supplies it needs. It had three bedrooms with a small garden at the back of the house, where I had planted a lot of red roses, a pair of mango trees, and some bushes.

It is one of the places that holds a great importance for me and my brother Daniel when he used to visit me, apart from that I am alone in this house, among the three bedrooms one is mine. 

        Apart from the other rooms that looked orderly my room is different. Since I made sure that my room shouldn’t be lonelier so I made it on my own interest. I have a shelf full of books both fictional and non-fictional. A small study table and a chair next to it. I also managed to keep have an arm chair in the room. My eyes landed towards a black leather book on the farthest side of the shelf beside one of the Nancy drew collections and looked at it with so many emotions at the same time.

It’s been over 6 years I haven’t seen this book. I gave one last thought about it and opened it. On the first page was a picture of me and Benny during my 18th birthday where we celebrated in the beach. His brown hair being brushed by the wind, his hazel eyes sparkling along with smile which always made my day better. It was one of my best day of my life and also the last time I saw him. I sat on my armchair and opened the book, a lot of memories came rushing to my mind……

End of the chapter

So guys, that's all for this chapter.  Hope you like it. Let me know what you think in the comments. If there were any mistakes that has been  overlooked, let me know. Thank you once again.  See you guys on the next update.