Chapter-7

Hey guys, it's me. I'm sorry for updating the story after a very long time. Just know that I wasnt intentional, but unavoidable.  Well I'll let you guys carry on with the story that you all missed. As usual if there is any mistake in it, I apologise in advance. Thank you once again for all the support you have given me so far. See you at the end of the chapter

Previously on Dream of Sarah Jones

Thinking about all this made me tired. Or because I was standing outside for hours I don't know. But I just accepted that for now this was okay with us. There's still time and I'm going to everything I can to make things easier and more like old days.

--------------------------------
(I'm narrating)
(I'm thinking)
(Flashbacks)

It took me a few minutes to fully wake up after my alarm did it's work to tear my ear drums with it's sound. It took another few minutes to replay everything that happened last night and the fact that Benny is downstairs sleepy. I quickly got up to fresh up and go downstairs to make some breakfast. When i descended from the stairs I saw him sleeping on the couch. Just like old times.

I stood for few minutes beside him to take a real look at him, since I've been avoiding him most of the time for the past 3 days. He looked so peaceful and innocent. Although that's the opposite of him. I smiled thinking about the time he used to tease me. I quietly made my way to the kitchen to make some coffee for us.

Suddenly I gasped, when I felt a pair of hands in my waist and his head in my shoulders pulling me close to him.

" Good morning babe, the coffee smells wonderful. I didn't hear you coming to the house last night".

I froze at once. Both physically and mentally; on one thought. He thought I was someone else?. I felt something hot rushing inside me replacing the cold that was settled on my veins when I heard him. I cleared my throat and jerked my shoulder to make him look at me. When his eyes, filled with sleepiness looked at me ;I could see the haze clearing out and realization hitting him like a pile of bricks.

"Oh-huh, Sally I'm sorry I thought it was Stella"............. What!

" It's alright Mr. Smith, mistakes happens, misunderstanding happens, nothing can be done about it. No it's not alright, this can't be happening.... Here's your coffee hope you like it. Now if you excuse me I can go and get ready. You can also fresh up, I'll drop you in your house."

I didn't wait for him to reply, I practically ran to the room and shut the door behind me. My legs gave out and I slid down the door allowing the tears to fall down freely. I could feel my vision getting blurry and the signs of head ache starting. It can't be..... why does it still hurt. I thought I was past this. I thought I moved on. But why does it still feel fresh. After what felt like hours I got up to get dressed.

On seeing my appearance one last time I came out of my room. As I came down again ; I saw him sitting on the couch nervously.

"You ready Mr. Smith?"

"Yes.....but Sally about this morning ....l-".

"Like I said earlier, it's fine. Mistakes happen. I get that you thought you were in your house with your girlfriend. Now shall we leave?"

He nodded and we set out for our day job. If the tension between us before was intense, now it just feel like being in a closed ; air tight place with no room to breathe. My hands were white with the way; I was holding the steering wheel the whole time he was giving me the direction to his apartment. After 10 minutes we came to a complex of apartments. He got down slowly.

"Take care Mr. Smith, and let me know once you come up with the blueprint. I'm looking forward to your designs. Goodbye."

"Bye, Miss. Jones."

I started for my work, all the way having only half mind in driving. As soon as I reached I found that I had double the number of patients than usual. Great just what I need......Distractions. Once I went into my room I threw myself into my work, forgetting everything else outside my room. After sometime, the assistant came in.

"Hey doc I'm leaving for lunch now, shouldn't you be gone by now?"

"It's already lunch time!!. Sorry I didn't see the time. There were more patients than usual."

"I know. Are you feeling ok? You look kind of pale."

"I'm fine Liz, I better start leaving now if I have to make in time there."

"Your right, But please doc don't strain yourself. Don't you think working in three places is a bit of a stretch to your health?"

"Don't worry, I'm told to have a lot of energy, something I got from my mom." I replied sadly. I really miss them...

"Still take care of your self. I don't want to see you as a patient." She said sternly

"Yes ma'am." I gave her a mock salute and came out of the clinic. I was starting to feel bit sluggish, but somehow I got into the car and started for the next clinic. When I reached the place I was swamped my patients. There goes my plan of having a lunch... I signed.

"Hi doctor, how are you today?"

"I'm fine Kathy, looks like it's house full today"

"Yes, it has been like this since morning. Unfortunately the line is going very slow."

"Don't worry give me a few minutes and then you send me the patients."

She nodded and walked away to create the pile for me. I went into my room and took a deep breathe. I could feel the tiredness weighing in my shoulders and neck. Also the head ache seems to be coming intense. I rubbed my temple as I took my phone to check out any mails or calls and I saw there was 10 missed calls from Benny. Great....so much for distractions.....maybe It's something important. I called him and he picked up after three rings

"Sally?"

"Hi Mr. Smith, I'm sorry for not taking the calls, we had more patients than usual. Is everything okay?"

"It's alright. I'm sorry for disturbing you like this. I need to talk to you about something. Is there any way to meet you."

"Um.... well I'm kind of busy right now, but if you're not busy you can wait and see. Cause I came just now and there are a lot of patients. Will you be able to wait?"

"No problem, I don't have any other plans for today. I can come there."

"Okay, I'll send you the address. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, but there is something I want to talk about and I want to talk to you directly."

"Okay, see you later then". I hung up the call and sent him the address. Wonder what does
he want to talk about...

I went back to my work and losing myself into the sea of patients. As I was working my vision started to blur and my headache was escalating, making me cry in pain. All I felt was someone coming into my room and lifting me up, after that everything went blank.

End of the chapter

So guys, that's the end of the chapter. There's more to come. I hope you liked it. Please let me know how you feel about this chapter in the comments.  Also once again I apologise for the grammatical errors and for the chapter being small. Hope to see you all on another chapter soon. Take care.

Dream of Sarah Jonesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें