... and the family

There was a sparkle in your eyes when you met your first grandchild. Seeing Izumi gently hold him in her arms filled your heart up with pride. You couldn't help but shed tears in this momentous moment. 

"Mom is crying," your son pointed out as he warily stared at you. 

What made it even better was that the entire family was there to celebrate. Your mom (the old bat who wouldn't die) staked out in the palace all these months in preparation for this day. Your son, Fudo, closed up shop and remained close by for a week. Azula lived at the palace so she didn't have to go anywhere, while Zuko invited his half-siblings and mother to join as well.

The entire room was packed with people, all smiling and celebrating the new addition to the family. It truly warmed you to the core, and it was up to your husband to keep you level-headed.

"Do you want to carry him next, dear?" Zuko tenderly asked as he rubbed your back.

You couldn't utter a word as tears and snot clouded your orifices. But you still wanted to experience this little bundle of joy! You shook your head, signaling Zuko to hand you your grandson. Once he was safely in your arms, you could only procure more tears.

"Mom's crying on the baby now."

"Fudo, be quiet. She's having a moment," Zuko explained as he too was entranced by the baby.

"I just feel so honored," your mother spoke up, "that my daughter and then her daughter were able to produce heirs to this beautiful family."

Zuko laughed nervously. "Yes, well, that wasn't exactly their life's purpose."

"It was because of my uterus," your mother continued on, disregarding Zuko's statement, "and your mother's that this was possible."

"Grandma, you're getting really creepy," Fudo commented.

"But it's true," Azula joined in as she became exceedingly errr... passionate. "It's because of a woman's strength and ultimate body that we can produce actual humans! We are the true rulers of this world." 

"Aunt Azula is being weird too," Fudo muttered.

You, who were far too preoccupied with the baby in your hands, lifted him up in the air as if offering him up to the gods. "To the creators of this world, please make him a strong fighter."

"Shouldn't you be asking for a healthy grandchild?" Izumi mumbled.

You focused your attention on Izumi. "Do you think my prayer would work if I got closer to the sky?"

"And how are you going to reach the sky?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"By dragon."

"You're not taking him on my dragon," Zuko responded. "He's far too young to be outside."

"It's our dragon," you corrected him.

"... Have you been using my dragon to run errands?" Zuko's eyes were wide with realization. Recently, there had been some scares of a 'dragon revolution' because of some sightings of a red a dragon in almost every part of the Fire Nation. People were beginning to believe that the dragons were coming back to exterminate every person who wronged them... which sounded a bit far-fetched.

You smiled sheepishly. "It's the fastest mode of travel."

"M-Mother! Don't you know what you've started?" Izumi groaned. "My citizens are petrified of leaving their homes!"

"It's fine, Izumi," Zuko's mother cut in. "From what I've been hearing, people are realizing that it's the previous Fire Lord's dragon."

"How do they know?" Zuko questioned as he felt something ominous from the way you were smiling triumphantly.

"He has a hat," his mother responded like it was the most natural thing, "that says 'Fire Lord's dragon'.

...............

"[Name], did you put a hat on my dragon?" Zuko asked horrified.

 You pouted, "It gives him character... and look, I gave the baby a matching hat as well! It says 'Fire Lord's grandson'."

No one dared to ask when you snapped on the tiny hat on your grandson. They just stared at the baby with blank faces with only one thought: 'why did it ever occur to you that giving your dragon and grandson matching hats was a good idea?'

Noticing their lackluster reactions, you returned your attention to the baby in your arms. "I'm the coolest grandma ever. Isn't that right, Iroh the second?"

"No, you're the weirdest," Fudo dryly retorted.