11. What others think

'Ugh! Come on, Teddy, I'm gonna be late for my lectures!'

It's the first day of lectures after Summer break. I'm in my second year of medical school now! The twins were so used to spending every second with me, when I'm leaving, they're crying like I'm never coming back.

'I'm sorry, little bear, but I can't take you to school,' I said to Teddy, as his crying lowered a little bit.

'Mari... Mari...' was all he could say before he full on cried again.

I could feel some weight on my feet when I wanted to put Teddy down, it was Matty sitting on my feet, playing with his toy turtle.

He completely had no idea that I'm leaving!

I tried to move my leg without flipping Mateo over, but he just wouldn't move!

I put Teddy on the floor and got him his toy bear (ah, Liam's pun!) and told the toddlers, 'ok, listen to me, I'm just going to school, so we don't have to live on the streets when Flynny decided to kick us out!'

I didn't know if they understood me or not, but they both started giggling.

'Morning Mariposa, you're off so early!' Luther came out of the master bedroom, he's also moved in with Flynn.

'Morning, I got a class in fifteen minutes! I'll be back by five,' Yup, back to the busy schedule.

'Sure thing, the twins and I are gonna have so much fun!'

Luther's in his third and final year, I hope he's handling his final essay well 'cause I never saw him work.

'Alright, bye,' I said to all three of the guys and kissed my brothers on their foreheads.

-------------------------------------------------------

'Hi, are you Mariposa?' The receptionist at the main medical building asked me.

'Yes, Mrs. Holmes,' I replied.

'Your boyfriend has left you breakfast and a note,' she smiled at me gently.

Morning doctor, have some breakfast xx L

He's so sweet! He remembered that I told him the twins wouldn't let me leave last year so I always didn't have time to have breakfast before class. He's even brought me my favourite avocado and chicken sandwich!

He's the best.

-------------------------------------------------------

'Woah, what the hell did we just learn,' Aby asked me.

'Basically different pathogens,' I answered nonchalantly.

'Yeah, but there was at least five thousand covered just in the past two hours!' Emma joined in.

I shrugged,' well, it's med school, what do you expect, haha...'

'So Mariposa, what are you doing after the afternoon tutorials today?'

'I'm going home, my brothers miss me,' I told them.

'Really? You haven't been clubbing for so long! Me and Ems are gonna skip the last two tutorials so we could head home and get ready early,' Aby said excitedly, nearly screaming.

'Yes! Apparently Liam Scott is going to the club tonight, too!'

Oh, right. I forgot no one knew me and Liam were going out. But I didn't't say anything. The last thing I needed right now was to have any attention. I just wanted to focus on my studies and take care of my brothers.

'Alright, I'll see you at Mr. Stephens' tutorial, don't forget to bring your report on the medical ethics powerpoint!'

-------------------------------------------------------

'Hey, you're early,' Liam greeted me when I arrived at his flat.

'Yeah, professor let us out early,' I came in and gave a kiss.

He grinned at me and replied, 'lunch will be ready in two minutes, make yourself comfortable.'

'I already am, haha.'

He cooked us seafood pasta, which smelled and tasted amazing.

'This is superb, Liam, teach me how to cook it!'

He chuckled, 'Mariposa, I don't think you have time for that. The medical course is just gonna get busier and busier.'

'Oh well, how's your intercalated Bsc going?'

An intercalated Bsc is a bachelor degree that some medical students do as a research, in unis like Imperial and UCL, it's compulsory for all students.

'It's like a holiday for me,' he said, 'no weekly quizzes, no hours-long lectures.'

I laughed, 'so I take it that you're enjoying it, huh?'

He nodded and pulled me in. Now I'm sitting on his lap.

We're so close to each other now, I could literally feel his breath gently brushing over my collarbones.

He caressed my face while his eyes never left me. Then he applied a little force to pull me in for a kiss, which became a make out session.

I pulled back after 15 minutes, ' Liam, are we ever going to make us public?'

He looked unsure, 'what do you mean?'

I said, 'like when are we going to tell the world that we're going out? The girls are still crazy about you.' Remembering Aby and Emma's hype this afternoon, they even skipped 2 tutorials for him, for god's sake!

He snorted and I said, 'what are you laughing at?'

'Someone's jealous, isn't she?'

'No, I'm not!'

He tickled me and said, 'I can do that if you want, but why do you care what everyone thinks? I'm all yours.'

His pupils have dilated, scientifically it's a sign of affection.

Get out, brain.

I exhaled, get a grip, Williams. He's right.

I smiled and said, 'you're right, I don't. Having you is enough.'