8. Is there something?

The twins have grown very quickly and they're nearly a year old. Final exams were also done, so I'm feeling very relaxed.

'Mariposa! Look at this!' Flynn shouted from the living room.

Oh! I forgot to mention, I've moved in to Flynn's flat because UCL didn't provide accommodation from year two onwards, so I moved in just a few months early. Since the scholarship UCL gave me covered all tuition fees and some accommodation fees, I could just use that money to pay Flynn.

' What... Oh my god!' Teddy was standing on his own!

Even though he immediately fell down, Flynn and I were still over the moon! We pulled both the babies into a tight embrace!

The doorbell rang and I went to get the door. 'Oh hi, Liam, you're early.'

'Hello Mariposa, I just couldn't wait to see the twins!' He took off his shoes and came in and pick up both the kids at once.

'Liam, thank you so much for coming today! I'm sure Posy won't be able to handle the kids without your help!' I glared at Flynn but he continued,' you know Posy was so excited to see you... hey!'

I lightly hit the back of his head to shut him up. I knew I was blushing.

Over these few months, Liam and I hung out a lot more. Since we're both doing medicine, we often studied together, either at his or Flynn's flat. But I'm 100% sure I didn't like him that way...

And Flynn and Luther were still going stronger than ever.

'Have fun with your bae, Flynny,' I pulled him closer to whisper,' don't you ever say anything like this or I'll kick your ass.'

He smirked at me and went out.

-------------------------------------------------------

'Oh my god! Teddy! You did it! Come to me!' I was so excited to see Theodore standing up again. We're now playing with the twins in the living room, half an hour before we put them down for a nap.

Liam hugged Mateo and said to him, 'And there's you left, Matty, when will you be walking?' I sighed and Liam looked at me,' what's wrong, Mariposa?' I shook my head and said, 'nothing. They just grow up so fast.'

He nodded, followed by a chuckle.

I looked at him and asked,' what are you laughing at?'

He looked at me and said, 'you sound like you're their mum.'

'Well, I play that role,' I replied, ' they are so important to me.'

I admitted that they were nothing but annoying in the beginning, crying every 2 hours, and I had to feed them throughout the night, then change their nappies. But now, they're my everything. They brought me joy.

'You're very important to me as well, Mariposa,' Liam suddenly said, looking deep into my eyes. My heart skipped a beat and I could feel my face reddened.

'I...'

My sentence was cut short by Matty's cry. Just like typical twin stereotype, when one twin cried, the other one followed. Great, one less second of attention and they were throwing a tantrum.

'Looks like it's nap time!'

-------------------------------------------------------

Having Liam here sped up the whole process of putting the twins to sleep. In less than ten minutes, we were only chilling in the living room, drinking Flynn's wine.

I knew both of us could feel the awkwardness of the silence, it was Liam who put down his wine glass first.

He turned to face me directly, 'Mariposa,' I gasped and nearly spilled my wine, 'can we talk?'

I was avoiding eye contact with him, but he put down my glass and physically turned me around to face him.

'Yes, Liam?'

'Look, I really need you to know this,' oh no, my heart is speeding up, but he continued, ' I really like you.'

I gasped and I didn't know what to say.

He tilted his head and smiled gently at me, 'you don't have to tell me your response now, obviously you've got to study and with your brothers...'

I only managed a nod, and he slowly let me go. My mind was very messy right now, I couldn't form a sentence properly, so I downed my wine.

-------------------------------------------------------

'You bitch! Why didn't you say something?' Flynn was practically shouting his throat out at me. The twins were entertained because they're laughing and rolling on their play mats.

'I was nervous, I didn't know what to say,' I explained guiltily.

'What the brick do you mean by you're NERVOUS? Just say "okay, let's go out" and you'll be spending the night at his! Ugh! Louisiana, you're so dumb!' Flynn used my second name every time when he was really mad at me.

I lowered my head and didn't know how to defend myself.

After five minutes, Flynn calmed down and sat next to me, 'Mariposa, be honest, do you have any feelings for him?' He held my hands, 'you know I'll really be happy for you if you find someone that you like.'

I nodded and leaned on his shoulder, ' I love you, Flynn, and Theodore and Mateo,' Flynn was going to say something but I continued, 'yeah, I know what you mean. But right now, my priorities are the twins and school.'

He stroked my head understandingly, 'ok, I trust you for you to decide for yourself. I just want you to be happy and true to your feelings.'

And do I have any for Liam?