Chapter 4 - Waterfalls

When Izzy, Alec and Magnus arrived back at the institute Alec heard loud noises from upstairs and went to investigate.

"Jace, can I come in?" Alec found out that the noise was coming from Jaces room. When no body answered Alec let himself in.
"Oh by the angel, Jace what are you doing?"

Jace has a seraph blade pointed to his chest and looked about ready to plunge it into his heart. Alec tried to run towards him but Jace interrupted.

"Don't come closer Alec," he warned. "Or I'll do it."

"I don't doubt you won't do it," Alec said. "My question is why?"

"You don't understand what it's like losing the love of your life, I was there when she died, I saw the demon and I did nothing. It's my fault she's gone." Tears were streaking his face now.

"Jace don't say that, it's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything."

Ignoring what Alec had just said, Jace proceeded to tell a story. "Did you know I was going to propose to her? I loved her so much, I wanted.. no I needed to spend he rest of our lives together. I guess in a very sick way, I got what I wanted.

Alec was on the verge of tears, but he had to stay strong in front of Jace.

"I can't live without her Alec. I just can't."

"Jace, she wouldn't want this. You know she wouldn't want this, she wanted you to be strong, she wanted you to be happy. You have to stay strong, if not for you.. do it for her."
Alec couldn't keep the tears in forever, and he saw Jace do the same. Jaces eyes looked like waterfalls. He became so week that the blade just fell out of his hands with a big clang as it hit the floor. Alec rushed over to him.

"It's ok, it's ok.." he continued soothing Jace until he fell asleep, Isabelle joined him, the two watched over him as he fell asleep, Izzy thought she saw something red out of the corner of her eye, hoping it was Clary's infamous bright red hair, she turned her head. But Clary was gone, forever. Maybe she was just watching over Jace making sure nothing bad would ever happen to him.

The air was warm and the grass was soft between his feet. He was laying on the ground in a patch of sunlight, something velvety and smooth was lying on his chest, he turned his head to see what it was. Clary was there. Her soft red hair grazing his cheeks as the hot wind blew. He moved her hair off her face and her eyes fluttered. "Good morning beautiful," he said.
"Hello," she muttered as she lightly kissed his lips.
"I thought I'd never feel that again," he seemed shocked.
"And why's that?"
"Because," he started. "You're d-." He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence. Instead he said. "I love you."
"I know," Clary replied. "There's something I need to tell you." She sat up so he had to look her in the eyes.
Jace started to feel dizzy, and hoped she would tell him soon, so he wouldn't forget, but all he heard was the letter "V" and then he woke up.