Chapter Ten - Lost

I stood there for what seemed like forever, looking at Kuroo with uncertainty. I don't want to make the wrong decision here. . . "Shit." I cursed, rubbing at my eyes. Pain seared behind my eyes and in my head; it felt as though someone were hitting me over the head with a hammer. "W-what what is it?" Kuroo exclaimed, tightening his grip on me, I must be making a painful looking expression. Ow, ow, ow. I scooped my fingers under both of my eyes and slid out my contacts. "My contacts slipped." I told him, his figure becoming a big blur. They must have come loose due to my tears that were starting to well up. Kuroo let out a big sigh. "Idiot. I thought you were seriously going to pass out! Don't scare me like that!" I smirked at this, my answer coming to me right after he said those words. "You're the stupid one. I don't care who you goofed around with in the past. I care about here and now." Rain suddenly started to pour in bucket fulls, drenching the both of us. "I can only see a step ahead of me. I can't see my future anymore. I don't know where I'm going. But when I'm with you, my path is clear. My vision broadens, I can see further. . . And when I saw you with that girl, my world constricted. I couldn't see a thing." I bent my head low, gripping his arms as he is mine. "You don't have to prove to anyone that you love me because I know you do. And I don't want to give you to anyone else either." The boy let out a sigh of relief and wrapped his marks around my middle, pulling me up into a hug. I hung onto him by clasping my arms around his neck, hugging him back tightly. "So you're giving me another chance?" He whispered in my ear. "The only one you're getting." I replied with a slight smile. "Yeah. I know." Kuroo kissed the side of my face before moving across my cheek and finding my lips. I closed my eyes and raked my fingers through his wet hair as he pressed his lips to mine, pulling back and leaning his forehead against mine. "Ahh, I'm sleepy." He sighed, nuzzling his nose against mine. "Me too." I replied, kissing him again before he put me down, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Let's go get dry. We'll catch a cold otherwise." He said, leading me carefully towards the school. I hope that we can be closer from now on. . . I don't want this to ever happen again.

I have my overnight bag slung over my shoulder as I hopped up the stairs to Kuroo's house. He asked me to come and help babysit his brothers while his parents went out on their honeymoon. I don't think he wanted to babysit by himself. . . The boys at school were happy to hear that Kuroo and I have made up and that we're officially a couple. Kuroo made that clear when he apologized to the team for causing them so much trouble. Nishinoya looked sad. . . But I don't know what I can really do to make him feel better. I sighed and opened the door to his home, excusing myself and slipping off my shoes. I followed the sound of the voices and realized that they must be in the kitchen. "I still don't approve of you having your skanky girlfriend come over." Kuroo's mother said, obviously taking to him. "She's not skanky for the last time. You'll really like her." Kuroo defended, leaning himself against the kitchen counter. I knocked on the doorframe to the kitchen before they could progress any further into this conversation of theirs. His mother was the first to register me, turning from her position to get a good look at me. Her eyes softened and she smiled at me. "Hello Niko - Kun. How are you?" She already knows that I am a girl. She had come to the hospital when she heard that I was hurt and found out by accident. Sort of like how Tsukishima found out. "Well thank you. How about yourself?" I replied putting down my bag. "Stressed. I don't like leaving these three alone for too long. They always seem to get into trouble." She sighed, Kuroo's father giving me a wave as he passed through the kitchen with some luggage. I waved back and turned back to his mom as she kept speaking to me. "So, dear. What are you doing here?" My eyes flashed to Kuroo and he shrugged. It looks like he hasn't told his mom that we're dating. "I'm the skanky girlfriend that came over to help this idiot babysit his two younger brothers." Kuroo snickered at my answer whereas his mothers looked horrified. "Honey I had no idea. . . That you. . . When?" She asked, coming over and taking my hands. I smiled kindly at her, I've known her for a very long time now and know that if she had known she was talking about me, she wouldn't have said what she did. "It was made clear a few days ago." "Ah, I'm so glad that Tetsurou has finally found a lovely girl to be with. All the other girls were just terrible." "Mom." Kuroo warned, not wanting his mother to go into anymore detail. I laughed then tipped forwards to whisper in my ear. "We can gossip later." His mother nodded and smiled devilishly at her son before waving for us to see them off. "What did you say to her?" Kuroo asked me, taking my hand. "Nothing particularly interesting." I replied, bumping him with my hip. He went to grab me in a head lock but stopped as his father came over. "You take good care of my boys you hear?" He said to me, holding his hand out. "Yes Sir." I answered, shaking his hand firmly. "Make sure they don't break anything in my house!" His mother called from the car. I nodded and let his fathers hand go so he could return to the vehicle. "Have a good trip!" Kai called to his parents. "Bye! Bye!" The younger Naoi called. If I did my math right, Kai should be about fifteen and Naoi seven. Their parents smiled and waved to the lot of us, we staying outside until we couldn't see their car anymore. "Ne? Ne? Niko - Chan!" Naoi chattered to me, tugging on my shirt. I looked down to him and saw him giving me a huge grin. "Are you coming shopping with us?" I looked to Kuroo and he sighed. "We have to go shopping for clothes for that one." He said, pointing to Kai. "Mom went through all my stuff and threw a lot away. Now I have no pants." The teenager told me spitefully, muttering something else under his breath. "You wait here, I'll go get my keys." Kuroo said, kissing me atop the head before running back off into the house. "Kuroo - Kun's truck is fixed?" I asked Kai, picking up Naoi as he began clawing at my legs. "Yeah, it came out of the shop yesterday. . . By the way, when did you start dating my brother?" Kai asked, looking at me with a sideways glance. "A few days ago." I replied, not getting where he is going with this question. "Oh I see. Don't worry, I don't have anything against you or anything. It's just that you are the first girl that Tetsurou - Nii has let meet our parents, let alone us. I'm just wondering why is all." "I don't really know to be honest either. Although, I've known you guys for quite a long time. . ." "It's cause Niko - Chan is pretty!" Naoi exclaimed, poking my cheek with his finger. "Yes very cute." Kuroo said, pinching my other cheek before motioning for me to get in his truck. I sighed and followed him, wondering really what he is thinking about.