Chapter Fourteen - Minor setbacks

??? - POV

"So you finally called for my help." I said to my cousin, Ukai. "Shut the hell up you brat." He replied, the two of us sitting outside her hospital room. Her little friends are inside and her boyfriend. I know that once I am pulled into this situation, he is going to have to move aside. All of them are. I will become the most important person in Niko's life. I always have been. "Do you want me to leave? I don't have a problem with leaving her behind. I've done so once before. I. Will. Do. It. Again." I threatened, knowing that this time though I really couldn't. Since she is the precious cousin that I love. Ukai's eyes darkened, but he knew that I was right. I had done it when we were younger and I can do it again if I have to. Even if it means losing a part of myself again. "I am desperate here and as much as I hate you. She loves you, so just get in there and help her." Ukai said, me nodding and walking into the room. He had called me a few days ago, me having packed my bags after hearing the word about Niko's condition. She has been this way for days now and she won't snap out of it unless she sees me. "Move out of the way scum." I said, pushing past a ginger and a short kid. "Oi!" The bedhead cussed at me as I shoved him out of my way too. "Leave it." Ukai ordered, the boys stepping down like a pack of hurt puppies. That's right. Obey your master and you will be safe. "Niko-Chan. It's been a long time." I said, softening my tone for her. Her head turned slow and her dull eyes suddenly became bright as she took me in. "Shuu-Chan!" She exclaimed, practically bouncing on spot. I heard the others whispering, them saying something along the lines of she hasn't responded to anyone at all during the past few days. It seems like Ukai's theory was right. "It's been awhile, hm?" I said, ruffling her hair. It is longer than she had to keep it when her mother was around, it being very pretty. "You've finally come home! I missed you, you know." She told me, taking my hand in hers and holding it tight. I can tell that I am sucking the bad life out of her and bringing back memories that make her happy. The way she looks at me tells me so. "I promised I would come back remember?" I said, her nodding. "We promised a long time ago." "Hina-Chan, who is this?" the ginger asked, me moving to sit on the edge of the bed. "My cousin Shuusei." She replied, resting her head on my shoulder and nuzzling against my neck. "Hm? Just cousin?" I asked, her giving me big eyes. "Iie. Partner for life?" She asked, the bedhead and the short kid frowning. "What?" They asked, Ukai taking a seat on a stool.  "She hasn't talked about him because it has been a while since she's seen him. They were separated when they were pretty young when her mother decided he was a bad influence on her. He was starting to encourage her to be a girl and the mother caught up on it." Ukai sighed, looking at me with this dislike. Sure, I have a bad mouth, but I would never do anything bad to her. "Essentially, he has been her rock. . That and . . ." She looked over at her cousin and hushed him, a blush coming to her cheeks when she thought about what I did to her. Don't worry boys, I waited until we were both old enough. . "What did you do to her?" The bedhead demanded, suddenly taking me by the collar. "Don't Kuroo!" She yelled, slapping his hands away and moving to protect me. "I am her first love. Baka." I replied, the others restraining the one named Kuroo as he went to lunge at me. I smiled and turned to her, looking at her with curious eyes. "How about we get you packed up and ready to go back home hm?" I asked, her nodding happily and skipping to the bed and pulling out the suitcase under it; fully intending on coming with me.

Hina POV

"Wah~ It's been so long Shuu-Chan!" I squealed, my head in his lap as he petted my hair gently. The moment I saw him, all my worries flew away. The feelings that have been churning in my chest were gone and I couldn't believe that this boy is sitting with me right now. My first for a lot of things and someone who I hold very dear. I had nearly forgotten him completely, but I knew it was him. "Ne. How have things been? Hard?" He asked, looking down at me with those piercing blue eyes of his. "Not really. Hina is happy." I replied, him frowning. "Double personality?" He asked, looking me up and down. "A little. It's subsided." Niko said bluntly, the other part of me flicking back in. "Hm? I think we can cure that. It must be annoying having one butt in whenever it pleases." He said, bending down slow. I closed my eyes and let him press his lips to mine, them being warm and familiar. I deepened it on instinct and he chuckled. "Eager are we?" He asked, me flashing him a smile without a care in the world. "How about this: No kisses unless you can control Hina and Niko. Should we give you a new name? Should the you that you are be called something different? Hina and Niko are both unpleasant people for you right now. How about. . Yuu-Chan? Do you like that?" I nodded happily, content that he has chosen such a pretty name for me. "Hai. I'll let everyone know to address you as Yuu now." Shuusei said, kissing my forehead. I pulled on the tie of his uniform, really craving more than just that. "Patience. You'll be rewarded." He said, me sighing and knowing he is right. I will be patient and get what I want.