Chapter Eight - Ace Mistake!

"This is going to be fun." Nishinoya said, rubbing his hands together. I laughed and stared at the array of ingredients in front of us. We are to make a 'smoothie' for the losing Nekoma, who lost at Cats VS Crows. It was kind of Kenma's fault, since he hid in a place where it was easy to catch him. "Alright, Nekoma. As a team, you may choose two things to get rid of." Ukai said, laying down the rules. "I feel like the raw potatoes are a bad idea." Yaku said, making sure to eye all the ingredients. "Can we get rid of the mustard?" Yamamoto asked, making a face at the bottle. "Why are we not getting rid of the peppers?" Kuroo asked, picking up the jalapeño. "Just choose. It's going to be nasty no matter what you take out." Tsukishima said, getting impatient with waiting around. "Take the potatoes and the yogurt out." Kenma said, removing them from the table. "Why those two?!" Yamamoto yelled, getting the boy in a headlock. "Too late! Let's start!" Hinata exclaimed, opening the salad dressing bottle. "Okay, I'll cut this and take the seeds out." I said, taking the jalapeño over to my cutting board. "Why?" Nishinoya asked as I moved over so he could cut off the ends of the strawberries. "Because all the heat comes from the seeds." I replied, cutting the pepper down the middle. Nishinoya seems to have calmed down since yesterday, he seems quite friendly now. "I hate that you know that." Kuroo said to me, watching as the other boys were pouring the liquid into the blender. I stuck my tongue out at the boy and raked the seeds into Nishinoya's outstretched hands. "We're ready!" Nishinoya called to the others, dropping our ingredients into the mixer. Sugawara shut the lid and Kageyama reached around and clicked the liquefy button. The whole mixture pulsated then began to turn a nasty light brown colour. "It looks like throw up." Yamamoto said queasily. "Don't forget this." Ukai said to me, holding a vile of black liquid in front of my face. I very well nearly gagged at the sight of it but took the vile anyways. "What?" Nishinoya asked, looking at me worryingly. "Shit." Kuroo cursed. "Where the hell did you get this?" I asked, shivering just thinking about the taste of this junk. Oji - San made Ukai and I drink this if we refused to eat our vegetables. He always brought a vile with him, so even if he came over to our houses for dinner, the threat was always still there. "I asked him for some. He was happy to give me it too." Ukai replied with a mischievous grin on his face. Kuroo and Kenma both know about the vile of black junk, that is actually the juice of some sort of root. They've heard countless stories about how awful it tastes. I frowned and weaved my way to the blender, motioning for Kageyama to open the little skylight of the blender. My nose wrinkled as I poured the black liquid into the blender. It immediately turned the mixture pitch black. "Oh god, what the hell?" Kageyama exclaimed, covering his nose. "Bwahahaah. Sucks for you guys!" Tanaka yelled pointing at Nekoma. "Ewwwww, what is that?" Hinata asked, his eyes tearing from the smell. "It's a sketchy juice from a root of some sort that our grandfather extracts from his garden. It is a punishment for when we do not eat our vegetables." I replied, stopping the blending with a push of a button. I picked up the blender by the handle as Kageyama pulled the lid off for me. "Ready?" I asked the Nekoma boys as I poured the mixture into glasses for them. "Osu." They said nervously, taking a glass. "No premature puking!" Tanaka yelled at Yamamoto who is gagging at the smell of our little concoction. Hinata clapped his hands as all the Nekoma boys took their sip together. Kuroo spat his up as soon as it had hit his tongue, making me laugh. Kenma managed to keep his down, but he looked very pale once he had a swallowed it. Beads of sweat poured down Yamamoto's face as he tried his best not to throw up, but failed and had to run off into the bush. Yaku did alright, but his expression mimicked Kenma's greatly. Our team was in hysterics, half of us crouching over from laughing so hard. "S-so? How'd it taste?" Hinata asked Kenma, still bubbling up laughter. "Think of the worst thing you've ever eaten and multiply that by at least 20"" The boy replied. "It was essentially like eating some one else's throw up and the pepper seeds are burning my mouth." Kuroo complained, rubbing his right eye. Kuroo has always been bad with spicy food, he can always detect the heat right away. "Poor baby. Do you need a soother to make you feel better?" I teased, Tsukishima laughing at my comment. "Shut up idiot, you didn't even have any." Kuroo snapped, giving me one of those looks. "Are their tongues supposed to be that black?" Daichi asked me, kind of concerned for the other team. "It'll fade. . . eventually." I said, making a face before my arm got tugged. "Niko! Niko! I found a neat place that you'd like!" Hinata chanted, pulling me in some random direction. I looked at Ukai who motioned me to go, it seems like we are done with the group activities for today. "Okay!" I cheered, following happily along with the ginger. "Wait up." Kageyama said, coming with a few others to join us. I actually wonder where Hinata is taking us and where he got the time to find this place.