Chapter 4: God Bless the Broken Road

Dana’s POV

While I was hugging Kris I wished for it to never end, I loved hugging her! But then a squeaky voice interrupted our moment “Babe!” I looked over my shoulder to see Bree, she came over to me and kissed me on the lips. I pulled away quickly to see Kris’s face which was overtaken by shock, the boys were at the back of her staring at the 3 of us. Kris looked hurt, but she smiled and hid it away, that’s what I love about her, she can hide her emotions. “your Bree Baxter!” she said, Bree gave her a look, not a very nice look either, she stepped closer to Kris “who‘s the slut? I saw you hugging my boyfriend, no one has the right to do that but me okay? So stay away!” Bree snapped at her, Kris had one eye brow raised, but then she smiled again and put her hand out for a hand shake “hi, I’m Kristen, you can call me Kris” Bree rolled her eyes and tried to kiss me again but I turned my face away and she ended up kissing me on the cheek. “what is your problem?” Kris asked. Bree answered, “you’re my problem, I don’t like you, you look trashy and I can tell that you were checking him out he’s hot I know, but he is mine, then you hug him?!”

“you don’t even know me” Kris said calmly. Bree turns to me again and she hung onto my arm. “Babe I think she is a crazed fan who wants to get in with you, I’m calling security” she said then looking at Kris “then you’ll be out!”

“okay calm your tits!” Kris said, Bree raised one eye brow “I’ll stay away from your boyfriend gosh, no need to over exaggerate” the boys start laughing behind. “yeah she over exaggerates a lot” I say while Bree is looking up at me kind of pissed off.

“I’m Will’s little sister by the way” Kris stated then walks away. 

***

The car ride home was quiet and Kris was being distant, probably because of the Bree thing. When we arrived she got out of the car. Kris went straight into the house and into her bedroom. The boys looked at me. “Looks like you upset her” Will said. “Imma go and talk to her” I said then ran up the stairs, David shouts “good luck bro”. 

I knocked on her door “Kris its me, I wanna talk to you” I said, “about what?” she asked through the door. “Open the door please?” she replied “ever tried turning the door handle and coming in yourself?” I felt quite stupid then but I did as she said, and I found her lying in bed staring at the ceiling. I climb onto the bed with her and put my arm around her and she leaned on my chest. “Hey I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about Bree” I said she gave me a small smile “its fine, its not like I’m jealous or anything right?”

“Now that you say that, it sounds like you are jealous” I smiled widely. She tried to hide her face from me so she turned to the other side. I then wrap my arm around her waist, back hugging her and then resting my face on her shoulder “you still have a crush on me don’t ya! Admit it!” she pushed me off the bed, and I landed on the floor. “Ouch! Just admit it Kris, you still like me” she stood up from the bed and said “I do not! But if I did what are you gonna do about it?” my smile went even wider, I stepped closer to her and grabbed her by the waist pulling her closer to me “I think I’ll just make you like me even more”. We both stared at each other smiling. Then she broke off and sat on her bed. 

“Look, me and Bree… I don’t even know what we are anymore, I like her and everything and its made a huge change to our band, when I went out with her, the band became more none, but sometimes I feel like she is distant like she doesn’t even care about me.” I said, and she looked at me confused “then why are you dating her exactly?” she asked and I explained “I like Bree I really do and I want to be with her, but I wont exactly be heart broken if we break up, me and Bree went through a lot, and when she got more famous she changed, like she acts more bitchy, the old bree would’ve greeted you nicely but now… I don’t even know, I’m trying if I can bring her back to the way she was before.” She smiled at me, I can tell it was a fake smile “well that’s good, she’s lucky to have you” I then spoke again “but I have a problem… I kinda have my eye on someone else”  then we sat in silence, until she spoke again “c’mon, I think we should have a jam session with the guys yeah?”