Part 4: Gentle eyes and long fingers

No caption. Just enjoy :)

Part 4: Gentle eyes and long fingers

. . .

If anyone asked Rishima Red to describe an InfatuMatic, she would say:

A convenience store except instead of frozen food and peppermints, there are pink and blue ornamental babies in the shop window, Level 7 drugs that induce temporary but overwhelming feelings of love, and the lingering smell of medicine.

The heart shaped bell on the door handle clinked softly as it closed behind Rishima. And so it begins.

The ceiling was black, and there were pink and blue neon heart shaped lightbulbs hanging from it, emitting a strong 90s vibe.

The counter struck the most attention to Rishima. It was painted pink, of course. It was displaying some head mannequins of men and women with different hairstyles and faces, each displaying a clear emotional difference in their facial expressions.

There was a sign on the glass reading 'not in the mood for school? Try these!' on the counter had a pink shiny rose gold cash register, and a fish bowl with a fish, once again shaped like a heart. It didn't look very satisfied to be swimming around it's cramped home, filled to the brim with pink and magenta stones.

The back of the counter, instead of selling cigarettes and essentials like a normal convenience store, there were these cards hanging off a white and black board, each of them having a complicated formula scrawled onto the surface. This was probably for the scientists' at work's eyes and not for the customer.

To the left were a row of magazines, popular ones such as Romancedaily and the magazine sponsored by Aled Charont himself, Love and Science were displayed in very obvious places, and had little speech bubbles saying (best seller!) on top of them. Other magazines, comics (romance, obviously) and articles were places neatly below the ones on the top rack, waiting for the day they shine.

Rishima's eyes grew wide at the sparkly pink sight of in the store. Pink smoothie machine, a small vessel of lowder(a sort of powder that can cause extreme infatuation once blown at someone, level 29) and love potions, food that can either cause romantic feelings such as chocolate or just normal food but highly saturated with the colours pink and blue, multiple coolers with drinks that had many different shapes and bright colours, bows and arrows, cute charming clothing, even a stationery and toy section that is somehow related to love.

Wow.

It was all Rishima could say.

She looked down.

The floor was covered with a pink sparkling carpet.

Even the floor is nice.

This place is perfect. Too perfect.

I could totally see why people would want to come here.

Rishima's image of the government and law changed slightly. Maybe they really were just trying to increase birth and intelligence.

Next to Rishima and a very smug Alyssa ("See, even you like it! ") the worker of the store gave the two girls a gummy grin, saying in a voice that reminded Rishima heavily of a particular red coloured cartoon character with fluffy red hair.

"Hello, my name is Kelsey! How may I help you today? Perhaps u want to try our new products we've just released!" Kelsey placed her palms on the smooth blue countertop.

"But first. What are your IQ levels?"

Rishima glanced at Alyssa. Alyssa nodded and turned to the smiling shopkeeper.