Part 2: Elf on a shelf

I'm actually enjoying writting this :P

And yes, i know people mention love a lot in this book.

. . .

Part 2: Elf on a shelf

Rishima Red disliked a lot of things. She made a list of things she hated when her (she wasn't paying attention so much that she didn't even know what subject was being taught) teacher started talking about her very unrealistic sex life.

Top five things I hate. Like fuck all of the things on this list. They should get blasted by Zeus and sent to Tatarus.

1.Law #583. Like who the fuck decided to agree with the fucking person that even fucking DECIDED to think up this law. Like wth? Why can't people just love anyone they want?

2. William and Alyssa. Like I don't hate them, but they're so perfect it makes me want to hate them. Like why would u guys be around a girl like me? I DONT DESERVE YOUR LUV AND ATTENTION DAMMIT. But I really love them uwu

3. School. School is just the epitome of stupidity to me.

4. My dad. Like-I know he's a sweetheart, but he's trying too hard to make up for the fact that he's the reason my mom left (although it's not really his fault) and-and-he's a tryhard. He literally made a joke about the elf on a shelf meme yesterday and I blurted out fake laughing just so he wouldn't know I was trying hard not to cringe.

5. Mrs. (idk how to spell her name) Kinly. One look and everyone would see the annoyingness that oozes out of her name. I know she hates the class (me, in particular) but damn, if you hate children that much you should've tried the things you said in your totally not fake sex life-

"Miss Red!"

Rishima winced. Who the heck made such a high pitched sound without shattering the windows?

She looked up.

Oh.

So it was her talking about her sex life.

I should've known.

Typical Mrs. Kinly.

Rishima stood up from her chair, ignoring the eyes blazing through her from the short plump woman at the front of the class room. Mrs. (not kinly) Kynlee was a woman in her late 30's, 10 percent lonely 20 percent interested in younger guys 50 percent always angry and a 100 percent in a foul mood.

Mrs. Kynlee stared at Rishima for a long 5 seconds, so did the rest of the class.

Rishima could be her best friend trying not to laugh, and this actually made Rishima laugh because they have a habit of laughing at each other when the ohter gets into trouble.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?" screamed Mrs. Kynlee. Everyone covered their ears. There were a few grunts and ffs'ringing in the room.

"Your non existent love life."

Rishima heard the very vague whisper from somewhere in the classroom, and couldn't help but grin.

I know that voice.

There were a few "omg"s and "dayummm"s but all were silenced by the plump teacher's face that was getting redder and redder by the second.

Oh shit. Abort mission. I repeat, ABORT MISSION-

"Augustin. Mathews. Out." Mrs. Kynlee said quietly while staring hard at the student.

Augustin stood up. He stretched his arms out and grinned.

"Of your sight? Gladly."

The class watched in silence and awe as the boy strolled out the classroom.

"And you, Miss Red, " Rishima groaned internally.  "I would like you to stand until class ends."

Well, that was easy. She had been dancing since she was 8, so standing is a piece of cake.

"As you know class, it's already mid-term. That means half of you all are possibly 18 by now. Well, I received a letter from the ministry, stating everyone in our school has taken the lover list." She giggled giddily.

Hold on. That laughter can't mean anything good.

"And it looks like everyone in our school has apparently already taken the list from your local love store!

…Well, everyone, that is, except for one very lonely little girl... " Mrs. Kynlee said dramatically.

The teacher looked directly into Rishima's eyes, hoping she would let out a hint of embarrassment.

Rishima stared at her Algebra teacher.

"Well even if I didn't take the list, at least I would have a decent chance at having an affair." Rishima rolled her eyes and said.

The second she said it, she regretted it.

She waited for the response she predicted.

"Detention. You 4 hours, the Augustin boy 3."

Yay.

. . .

"You really did that?" asked a boy with almond coloured skin.

"Yea." Rishima responded to Augustin. The two of them were mopping the bathroom on the highest floor of the school, the fifth floor.

Augustin stared at her in awe as he scrubbed the sink with a piece of scarf he found on Mrs. Kynlee's table.

"But seriously, if you don't get the list after you turn 18, it's really bad."

"Why? It's just a piece of paper."

"It contains the names of your possible lovers. It's kinda extra, but you have to admit it's cool. "

"First off," Rishima threw a piece of unknown waste into the trash can. "I, myself hate the idea of the list. It's bullshit! There's no way the government should get in the way of people's love life! Second, it's not like I'm gonna die not taking the list. The less you know, the better."

And if William is not on the list, i might really die.

"But you don't have to really like, love and marry them and all that stuff. You could always be single, the idea of this is really to just let people make more babies... "

Rishima sighed.

"But then if you had a person you love that isn't on it, disappointment will come. And I hate. Disappointments. "

The boy starred at the red haired girl with a weird expression. She noticed. Was it... Hesitation? Then it was gone.

"Bruh. Do you know what happened to the people that never took the list? "

"Why should I care?"

The boy looked at her with a serious expression she had never seen on the goofy boy before.

"They all disappeared. Every. Single. One. "

. . .

Dun dun dun

The plot starts happening in the next part,  for real. I hope you like the story so far.

Thanks fpr reading :D. Remember to vote and comment!