The Holiday Ball

A/N Before you read this, keep in mind that this is part of the actual story. But, it takes place a while after the last chapter happened. This means your parents are back, and you are staying with them again.

"Tai, hold still!" Tamaki scolded me for what seemed to be the hundredth time. And just like before, I groaned in annoyance.

"Listen, Tamaki, I know this holiday party is huge for the host club and all," I started, "But is this really necessary?" I gestured to the team of tailors and maids that were working hard to create, and I quote, "the perfect dress for a perfect hostess".

"Don't be silly! Of course this is necessary!" Tamaki walked around the room, randomly posing like he usually does. "Not only is this holiday ball one of the biggest events at Ouran Academy, but it's also the year that a large portion of the male population of this school will be attending. Since it will be most of the gentlemen's first time attending the ball, you, the reason most of them will be there, have to look your absolute best! It's one of the-"

"-most important duties a host has, and must be perfected," I finished for him. "I know, but isn't this going a bit overboard?" I sighed.

I huge grin spread across Tamaki's face. "The Ouran High School Host Club knows no limits!"

*Time Skip*

"Tai, over here!" Rei called over to me from the other side of the room. I smiled, before rushing over to him.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering what song you wanted to sing at the ball?"

Rei and I had decided to sing a surprise song at the party. The other hosts don't know about it yet, so it will be a surprise for them as well as the guests. I had told Rei he could pick any song he wanted, but I guess he couldn't find one.

"Did you find any good ones?"

"Yeah, there are tons of classics from the U.S that I found, but I can't choose between them," he explained.

"Oh," I paused, thinking about it for a second. "Show me the songs, I'll help you choose."

*Many Songs Later*

I stared at the computer screen, my hand placed at the bottom of my chin as I thought. "So? You got one that you really like?" Rei asked.

"Man... you're right. They're all pretty good," I sighed. That's when I had an ingenious idea. "Rei, pull up the lyrics for all of those songs and meet me backstage!" I stood up and dashed over to the crafts table that was conveniently there.

"What are you planning to do?" he called after me.

I turned around and grinned at him. "We're going to make our own holiday mashup!"

*Time Skip (Sorry for all the time skips)*

"Annnnnnnnnnnd we're done!" Rei smiled as he saved the song lyrics to his computer. "I'll record the music, you should probably go get ready for the party. I have a feeling Tamaki's looking for-"

"TAIOKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Tamaki's voice rang throughout the whole room, and that's saying a lot considering the vast size of the area.

"Speak of the devil..." I muttered under my breath, "See ya later Rei,"

"Cya,"

I walked out onto the stage, only to be spotted by Tamaki in an instant. He practically flew up onto the stage and glomped me in a giant hug.

"MY DARLING DAUGHTER, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" he continued to yell even though I was right next to him. "WE MUST GO PUT YOUR DRESS ON NOW! THE BALL IS ONLY THREE HOURS AWAY, AND WE MUST BE THERE BEFORE ANY GUESTS ARRIVE!!!"