14: The Secret Project

Thursday 20th April

Why's a ton of weird stuff happening to me recently?? I thought that after I made up with Marlene everything would go back to normal, but what exactly is considered normal for me?

Marlene started sitting with us again last week which was nice. We found out that she had a dog back at home called Sparky and she didn't have a photo but she drew a really cute picture. She's actually really good at drawing and a few times, since the weathers been getting warmer, the two of us have been going and sitting under a tree at lunch, her sketching and me writing my couplets.

And then on the lunches when it's been raining or we just wanted to stay in the cafeteria, all of us would chat about this, that and the other. And to top it all off, Carmelita had been surprisingly pleasant. And when I say pleasant, I mean she was basically just keeping her distance. Things seemed to be going way too well, which is why I got suspicious and started trying to pick holes in everything.

I didn't really figure anything out until earlier on today.

We were sat having lunch as we do every day but Marlene hadn't turned up yet. I assumed that maybe she was busy with something or just wasn't hungry but then she walked in and came over to us. The last empty seat was next to Klaus but she wouldn't sit down. Instead she asked me to swap with her. I was so confused, as was the rest of the table. I had no idea what she was playing it. At first I considered that maybe her and Klaus had argued about something behind the scenes and fallen out but the way she asked me to swap, she seemed so laid back about it as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I feel like if they had been bickering she might have been a bit more awkward about the situation.

Because I was so baffled by what was going on, I just did what she said and swapped with her. Klaus seemed as equally confused as I was and we kind of shared a look and he seemed embarrassed. At least, I think he was embarrassed. His cheeks were tinted pink so I'm assuming he felt put out by Marlene not wanting to sit next to him.

Anyway, Violet spoke up and asked Marlene what was wrong and Marlene said "I'm just respecting my boundaries."

Like what? I had no idea what she was on about, and to be fair I still don't really understand what she was implying.

We all kind of swept it under the rug and tried to just enjoy our lunch as usual but I kind of stayed in my thoughts, trying to figure out what was going on with Klaus and Marlene and whether they had fallen out after all. But as I was thinking, I realised that Marlene had avoided sitting next to Klaus for the whole week. Like if I remember correctly she had sat next to literally anyone but him since she had started sitting with us again.

It hadn't seemed like a big thing at the time, like I didn't even notice until she made a big deal about wanting me to switch seats with her.

Anyway, it was playing on my mind so after class was finished, I just pulled her to one side and asked her what was going on. She said something like: "I don't want you to think I'm trying to steal Klaus from you."

UM WHAT? Since when was she stealing Klaus... and since when was he mine? Ew just writing that made me cringe.

So I told her that I didn't get what she was on about and she claimed that "something was going on between us" and that I shouldn't worry because "your secret is safe with me, Isadora."

What secret??? I wish she would just tell me what the secret is because I honestly don't have a clue. I feel like I should know about the supposed secret that I'm hiding. How would she know a secret about me that I don't even know myself??

That girl is strange.

-Isadora

Hey guys, sorry I took a little break from working on this story. Things got kind of crazy and I took a bit of an unplanned hiatus but I'm back now and I've got a few things planned.

The next chapter of this should be posted on Friday but if you can't wait that long for more Kladora action, be sure to check out my new Kladora fanfiction called The Kiss, which is updated every Wednesday and Sunday.

Anyway, I hope you guys are all enjoying getting festive and ready for Christmas (if you celebrate it) and I'll see you (hopefully) on Friday! <3