Chapter 9: Captive

Start from the beginning

You eyed the fruits, your stomach still turning from your nightmare. You didn't have the appetite to eat anything after the sickening things your mind conjured up.

"I'm not hungry."

A frown instantly fell onto the general's face.

Not hungry? Every woman in the palace was always ready to drop everything just to be honored by fruit from the Pharaoh's garden. As silly as it may seem, it was the dream of thousands of women to eat the Pharaoh's food. But you just simply rejected it.

Yoongi opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off abruptly.

The door to your bedroom slammed open, the wooden surface slamming against the wall and causing a loud "BANG" to fill the room.

Both you and Yoongi jumped back in shock and fright, neither of you expecting visitors.

Taehyung stormed in angrily, four men walking in behind him.

You recognized the men as a few of Taehyung's private guards, they had been in the throne room when you had first met the Pharaoh.

You looked at Taehyung curiously.

"What are you doing here?"

Taehyung's kohl-lined eyes sent you a hard glare, his whole body radiating pure, unadulterated rage as he pointed an accusing finger at you.

"I shall deal with you later." He stated roughly.

You watched as his gaze fell onto Yoongi, who was watching the scene nervously, his mouth becoming dry at the thought of facing the Pharaoh's wrath.

"Grab him."

Taehyung's voice was deep and raspy, his tone instantly alerting you for the worst.

Two of the guards around him moved to Yoongi and grabbed him by his arms, dragging him away from you and towards the angry Pharaoh. Yoongi struggled against the men restlessly, his body kicking as he tried to get away.

You began to step towards the man but the other two guards grabbed your arms harshly, forcing you to stay put. You jerked your body under their touch, confusion quickly being replaced with anger and annoyance.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Yoongi yelled, still struggling against the guards.

Taehyung ignored him and reached his hand out towards one of the guards. The guard reached behind him, pulling out an odd object you couldn't quite see.

"Why are you here?" You asked angrily.

Taehyung turned to face you, still angry.

"Is there a problem?" He asked sarcastically. "I did not think you had a problem with men coming into your bedchambers unannounced."

Your eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

The Pharaoh scoffed loudly, his hands falling to his side in annoyance.

"I am not obligated to explain myself to you, whore."

Your eyes widened at his cruel words. After the way he defended you to those men last night, you thought that maybe, just maybe, there was a slim chance he had actually matured, that he had become a slightly better man than what he was the day you first arrived, but clearly....You were wrong.

Taehyung turned to look back at the guards holding Yoongi.

"His shirt."

Yoongi's eyes widened in horror as realization dawned on him, he began to struggle harder against the men, but he was no match for them.