ALL THE TIME | t h r e e

| ǝ ǝ ɹ ɥ ʇ

Days had passed since the feast and Edelinne found herself trying to block out any thoughts she had about the Knights of Camelot, block out any thoughts about how Merlin was going to be the prince's manservant, block out any thoughts about Merlin ...

Days had passed since the feast and Edelinne found herself trying to block out any thoughts she had about the Knights of Camelot, block out any thoughts about how Merlin was going to be the prince's manservant, block out any thoughts about Merlin pushing her into Arthur's sculpted body sending them to the floor in an inappropriate position. Despite her best efforts it seemed she couldn't escape the thoughts running rampant in her mind.She'd been back to her special place more times than she'd like to admit in an attempt to escape the world, and by world she meant Merlin complaining about all the chores he's going to have to do for Arthur and Gaius telling him to hush, but even on the edge of the river all her thoughts went back to her aching heart- occasionally to wondering how much Arthur must exercise to have such defined muscles. 

That's where she sat now, her feet dipped in the water as her eyes were glazed over in thought. Being here, she could almost her feel Leon's lips on her own which only made her heart long for him even more and with every thought of him, the glue Arthur gave her flaked off the cracks of her heart. How overwhelming it is to have your mind go back and forth from one knight to the next. From the sculpted body of the prince to the plush lips of his second in command.

She came to the riverbank today to run from the excitement every living soul in Camelot seemed to have in regards to the upcoming tournament, surprising not from her thoughts of the two knights, everyone seemed to be on the edge of their seats except for her. Each year she would have to tend to beaten only to see them return again the next year expecting a different result. The violence always seemed pointless to her and she would pray to whatever god was out there that one day the brutality would end. 

Pulling her feet from the tepid water she slipped on her shoes and begrudgingly began her walk back into the kingdom walls. She didn't make it very far before she heard swords clanging, or what sounded like swords clanging, causing her to shake her head and sigh as she began to walk faster.

"Come on, Merlin, you're not even trying!" 

Her head snapped back up at the mysterious voice mentioning her friend. 

"Once more," the voice began, "to the left. Right. And left. Head." The sound of clanging resumed and Edelinne found herself hurrying towards the voice, wondering what in the wold her brother-figure was doing.

"Ow!" She heard Merlin yelp. Picking up her dress she ran towards the sound. To say she was pleasantly surprised when she could see what was happening would be an understatement. Arthur was standing in front of Merlin, or what she assumed was Merlin since the boy was head to toe in armor, a small giggle escaped her mouth at the sight despite knowing the cause of Merlin's position was in preparation of the brutish tournament. The boys carried on with their sparring of sorts as she walked closer to them. 

"Hello, Arthur, Merlin." 

Upon hearing her voice Arthur's head whipped towards Edelinne. He had been longing to see her beauty since the incident that left her laying atop of him, not that he minded. He shoved his sword at Merlin not even waiting for him to grab it as he turned all his attention towards Edelinne, "Edelinne, what a pleasant surprise." Arthur had stepped forward holding out his hand towards her, Edelinne raised her eyebrows at the prince but put her hand in his nevertheless. Arthur's hands were very large and she felt like asking to hold their palms against each other to measure but before she could Arthur leant down and gingerly kissed her knuckles.