Chapter 16: Christmas Special III

Start from the beginning

"Well it seems a little stalker-like if you don't ask her first. But if you can get her to be your date, I'm all ears." Tori compromised. It was fair, she wasn't his date... yet.

"Alright, I'll ask her." He replied, out of the room. Skylar followed him.

"Hey, Loki wait up!" She called after her friend. "I can be your wingman. You know, get her to like you a little more?"

"Actually, that would be amazing. I have no idea how to ask her." Loki smiled in response.

-

Quite a few days later, the pressure on Quinn to wingman for Loki was getting stressful. He was constantly bugging her with asking Tris about him. In fear of Loki's threats becoming true, she eventually had enough and went to Tris's lab.

"Hey Tris!" Quinn greeted her friend in Tony's lab. She was working on nanotech for Stark Industries. Tony had been paying her extra to help with his suits every once in a while.

"Hi Quinn. What's up?"

"The ceiling. So, you know that whole Gala thing? Have you gotten yourself a date yet?"

"Oh, we're doing dates? I didn't know." She replied with surprise.

"We are now, you asshole." Quinn thought to Loki. "Yeah, we are. I don't know who I should go with yet, but I wanted to tip you off. Someone wants to ask you."

"Oh really?" Tris replied. "Who?"

"I can't really reveal, but I know he thinks about you all of the time. He's been wanting to ask you since we found out yesterday. I mean, I don't know about you, but I think he really likes you." Quinn told Tris. Tris's face immediately began to go red, the thought of someone liking her kinda had her a little.

"Well, whoever he is, I hope he asks me soon." Tris said, her blush increasing.

"I may have to tip him off then. I mean, I ship you two."

"Alright then. Can I go back to working on this now?" Tris asked Quinn. She was focused, and now this secret admirer was going to be on her mind constantly. She needed to distract herself.

-

Skylar and Loki's friendship had really taken off since the first time they met. It was a weird thing, since Skylar very much disapproved of the shit Loki pulled most of the time, but he was a decent person to talk to. She didn't understand why Tris didn't really like him. Sure, he may have been a smartass and he was a bit of dick, but that didn't mean he wasn't still a person. Okay, maybe he wasn't the greatest of people. He had tried to take over New York a few years ago, and he wasn't the most trustworthy of people, but he wasn't the most evil person on the planet.

The one thing Skylar had noticed, however, was how insanely jealous he was of Thor. Thor was technically the better half of the two of them. Thor was the meant-to-be King of Asgard, the thing he was most jealous of. Thor was friends with everyone in the tower, while Loki was seen as evil, mischievous and cunning. He was not trustworthy to anyone in the tower. It really pissed him off every time someone would comment on how much better Thor was than him. And Skylar was the only person he could express that to. She was happy to listen to him. Hear about all of the rants and dumb things they did as children to each other. She sort of pitied Loki for it, and could understand why he got so angry.

But she couldn't deny that she had taken quite the liking towards Thor. He was innocent and blunt, sometimes saying things that were quite bold and untypical of someone to admit, which was funny, but he didn't care. Thor was bold like that. Not to mention he was extremely good looking. She mostly ignored her feelings towards to him. She knew how Loki would feel if somehow, they got together. He was first of all feel betrayed by her, and angry. But he would be hurt because she was the only friend he'd ever had that never had taken a liking to Thor. At least to his knowledge. She thought sometimes that he could just read her mind and he'd know. He could, she was surprised he hadn't stopped talking to her because of it. But that got her thinking that maybe he didn't care that much. But that was a dangerous thought.