Chapter 17: New Family

"When can I go home, Francesco?" Serenity asked while he still stayed awake on her stomach.

"We have to get you some laser surgery to remove those scars," Francesco said. "Maybe in a couple of weeks until then I'm keeping you here."

"Francesco," Serenity started then stopped. He looked up at her waiting on her to continue but she couldn't. She didn't know what to say or do any more things had changed.

"You were about to say something to me." Francesco rose up and went to her side to lay next to her. She had turned her head to look away but he guided her face back to him. "We are going to be okay, Serenity."

"I know." Serenity said. That's all she could say but something was missing in her spirt.

"You finally told me you loved me and I took that moment for granted.." Francesco said still focusing on her face. "I love you so much, Serenity."

"Francesco, are there going to be more situations like this?"

"No, hell no. Never again will I put you in danger." Francesco said and put her closer. "As soon as I get you out of here what would you like to do?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"I would like to take you out on our first date officially," Francesco said. "I promised you last year that I would court you properly."

"You must have a great memory," Serenity said finally breaking her gaze from him looking at her surroundings. She looked at the paintings on the walls admiring them. Francesco followed her eyes and saw how they just stared at the paintings.

'She loves art.' Francesco thought to himself. If only she knew she was his art that he loved to admire. The painting she was staring at he did that himself. To know that she loved art just made him adore her. Every expression she made he wanted to paint and then her eyes when back on him.

Why was she so unbelievable to him?

Every time he touched her shocks ran through his body. He started to run his hands over her arms and her neck. Admiring her skin against his and the contrast it made. She was his muse and he was obsessed with her.

"Every time, you look at me its like you are seeing me for the first time. I remembered how you stared at me when I hit you."

"You saved me that night too," Francesco said. "Just my own angel. I really do owe you my life, my beauty."

"You being super poetic right now," Serenity watched as his eyes traveled from her face to the rest of her body. "You know you don't have to be romantic all the time with me."

"You are my wife, I'm going to love and adore you all I want to," Francesco said smiling at her. "Our children are going to have your beautiful smile I know it."

"You love to plan ahead don't you."

"I want our lives to run smoothly," Francesco said. Then he sighed and looked down from her gaze. Then she lifted it back up and he stared back with sadness in his eyes.

"Don't do that. What's wrong?" Serenity asked.

"I'm never going to forgive myself for hurting you," Francesco said. "You just came out of trauma and here I am again hurting my beauty. My life."

"Francesco, have you ever been in a relationship before?" Serenity asked. Francesco looked in shock when she asked that question. "I know you have slept with a lot of women."

"There was this one girl but she is irrelevant now," Francesco said trying to brush the subject under the rug. "I have you, and there is no one else in the picture."