CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES

Începe de la început

Well, I am not doing well at all.

I thought I would be. With all the fame, and attention of the millions of girls all over the world, nothing would ever match her purity and sincerity. With the every day practice and perfect stage performances, there was still something missing.

I knew what it was.

We all knew what it was.

And yet, nobody speaks up.

"Okay but RM says we have a meeting at the rooftop tonight, so get all the sleep you want but tonight, you should be alert and talking," Jhope commanded and left my room.

I removed my pillow from my face and faced the ceiling.

Fatima, I wish I could speak to you like old times.

Then maybe, you could tell me what to do.

I sat up and opened my laptop. She even blocked me on twitter. Our working masterpiece collaboration on the story was cancelled. She was decent enough to tell me about it.

I closed my eyes and remembered memories of hers and ours. Okay, Suga, you're also going to an awarding ceremony tomorrow tonight.

It's time to face your demons.

It's time to face the consequences of your actions.

Shape up, man up and save yourselves.

Allahumma Ameen.

With a new frame of mind, I laid myself down again, this time, with hope in my heart.

_____________________________________________________________________

RM's POV

My heart misses its Owner.

My heart misses Allah.

My heart does not miss Fatima that much.

A week with working on the transfer of The Unloved Wife book project to her made me realized I, Raphael Monstefar have moved on from her. Alhamdulillah.

Time wasn't the one who healed this wound. Allah did. Because Allah controls time. Allah turns hearts. Masha Allah.

So this night I want to make it right by making them remember that sweet memory of the rooftop night we had with the lovely couple.

"Wow there's blankets and foods and barbecue and some makeshift bonfire. Wow!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Are we sleeping here tonight?" Jungkook asked excitedly.

"Yes," I told them.

The two started doing their famous handshake that includes encircling in each others' arm and jumping around, making me shake my head. They are still a childish bunch.

"So I'm cooking some new specialties. I call it Marshmallow Squid Balls, Marshmallow Kikiam, Marshmallow Fish Balls," Jin announced to everyone.

"Let me have a taste. Let me have a taste," Jimin called out.

"Yah Jimin, we're not done with the lights," Hobi said as they were arranging the surrounding lights.

This really feels like old times. The nostalgic feeling made my heart beat fast.

I sip a drink and stared at the night sky.

"It would be best if we're out here after doing our Salah, wouldn't it?" someone said next to me.

"I thought you'll mention her name," I told Suga.