Eight

"No no

"No no... that's not a good idea!" Abigail protested.

"Look, I don't wanna live the rest of my college life being harassed by that douche!"

"Woah! Watch your words, girl! If someone's eavesdropping, we're dead meat," Leah said, not agitated at all.

"Leah," I said, grabbing her shoulders. "You think it's fair? It's public humiliation!"

"Well what are you gonna do about it? Tell him he's ugly? Put salt in his coffee?"

"No..." I said. "I will confront him,"

"And do what!?" Abigail almost laughed. "You'll pee your pants! You can't even hold eye contact with him for longer than two seconds,"

"I thought friends support you no matter what," I said, making a straight face.

"Fine! Do it! As long as I don't have wipe your salty tears, I'm fine with anything!"

"Wow...'real touchy, Leah. Thanks," I said, disappointed.

She shrugged and turned to Abigail. "What do you think?"

"Maybe it's fair that Li wants to confront him," she replied. "She got picked on more than I ever did,"

"True," Leah agreed.

"3 p.m, today, then," I said, looking at them.

"No no! That's too soon!" Abby was clearly nervous.

"How about tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah, that'd be better," Leah mumbled. "What are you gonna say?"

"I will ask him if he has something against me. And also, I will 'politely' state that humiliating us in front of peers, is a violation of human rights,"

"What the fuck!" Leah started laughing. "You can't be serious!"

"Dead serious," I said without even budging.

I've had enough of this crap. I just want to know what his problem is!

"Fine..." Leah tried to stop chuckling. "But please remove the 'human rights' part,"

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, slightly offended.

"It's too funny," she said, slapping my back, still laughing like a lunatic.

"Oh, shut up, Leah! I'm a science student! It's only fair that I know nothing about the law," I said with a straight face.

"Fine fine! Do whatever you want!" She chuckled. "But just don't come whining back,"

"I won't," I said, giving her an authoritative look.

"Good luck, soldier!" Leah stood up straight.

"What!" I chuckled. "It's not like I'm going out to war!"

"I really don't see the difference between this and war," Abby blinked.