Four

"Come in!" I heard his arrogant voice

I rotated the door knob and stepped in cautiously. I didn't know what I was afraid of. I wasn't sure if it was his death glare or my suspicion that he was secretly a grim reaper or a vampire.

What the hell am I thinking?

I stood a safe distance away from his desk, with my head turned downwards. Secretly taking a glimpse, I noticed that he was busily scribbling something down.

"What are you doing, Winslow?" He snapped in his heavy Spanish accent.

"Eh?" My head shot right up. As I looked at him, my eyes widened.

Clicking his pen and setting it aside, he focused on me. "I'm assuming that you are fine with listening to my explanation of the 147th problem, while standing?"

"I'm fine, sir," I said, trying not to 'interact' with him.

"Just sit down, Winslow. I won't eat you," He said, sternly.

"Yes, Mr. Decarlo," I gave in, grabbing the chair hastily. Pulling it out, I took a seat extra cautiously and of course, after checking if it had spikes or super glue on it.

"This is how it's done," he said, and grabbed a paper and began scribbling some numbers.

Woah woah... wait a freaking minute... Is... Mr. Antonio Decarlo actually explaining a question to me, hoping that I would understand it? That sounds so weird! He wouldn't do that! This is mind-blowing! This heartless devil's actually taking the time to-

"WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER!?"

I snapped into reality.

That's when I realized that I had been staring at him with my lips, apart for ten seconds straight.

"I take the time to do this for you, and you waste it by glaring at me,"

"Uh- sir, I..."

"I have plenty of better things to do. If you don't need this, the door's over there," he said, pointing towards the exit.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted out. "I didn't realize that you could be this considerate. I was just taken aback. I'm sorry for showing such a reaction. I really am. Please forgive me!" I begged with my eyes tightly shut. I thought back to the speed I said all that, and started regretting once again.

Please don't yell. I really can't take it anymore.

Oh god, I don't want to burst into tears like a baby in front of him. I mean, it's not that I care about his opinion, but it just doesn't feel right. I wanted to appear strong before him. I didn't want to break down.

Please don't yell. I do a very bad job when it comes to handling embarrassment.

"Shut up and listen," he said sternly.