It felt like we had overcome so much together. Like we were invincible: nothing could stand in our way anymore.

Max lowered me back down, a smile still on his face.

He brought his hand to cup my cheek, the warmth so welcoming on my skin.

"Hey, Lex?"

I brought my hand over his, holding it. "Yeah?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled even wider. "Is that even a question?!" I couldn't contain my excitement.

He seemed really happy and relieved, like he didn't expect me to agree. Why wouldn't I!?

"So is that a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes you idiot!!"

I bit my lip, stopping myself from smiling like an idiot.

"Also.." He trailed off, his eyes focusing in on mine.

"Yeah." I looked up, snapping my thoughts out of the dream-like state I was in.

He drew closer as my eyes fluttered closed.

"What's going on!?" Shae's scream, more like a screech, echoed across the hallway that I didn't realise we were still in.

We both turned to look at her, snapped to attention by the loud noise.

More people came in, attracted by the same thing.

"Explain yourselves!" She glared at us.

"I don't think we owe you anything to be honest." I stared at her, blankly.

Everyone was now in the hallway, staring at us.

"What's going on?" Cathy looked at me and Max, visibly confused.

"That's what I wanted to know. She was all over Max!" Shae shouted again, bursting everyone's eardrums this time.

Who does she think she is? He's not hers. She's severly overreacting.

Max sighed. "God people are a pain in the ass." He whispered under his breath, making me chuckle.

"Guys.." He looked from the guys, to Cathy, Will and finally Isaac.

Cathy and Ellie looked confused, whilst Ace, Will and Isaac were smirking as though they knew what he was about to say.

"I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Alex."

Cathy's jaw looked like it was about to drop, whilst Shae's actually did.

"I can't believe you!" I thought it would have been Shae's reaction, but my head turned to look at the source of the voice.

Cathy ran up to me. "How did this happen? I'm so offended you didn't tell me!"

I chewed on my lip wondering what to say to that. "Well I didn't really know and-"

"Sorry about that." Max cut in. "I didn't want anyone to know yet, until now. So that was actually my fault." He put his arm on my shoulder, bringing me closer.

Shae was starting to turn red.

The shock made me look up at him.

"O-oh. It's okay." Cathy stuttered and blushed under his gaze.

She came up closer to me, bringing her mouth to my ear and whispered. "You've got yourself a keeper. I just wish you told me sooner."

I smiled, mouthing a thanks as she walked away.

Finally reality hit Shae as she squeezed her hands into fists. They were shaking most probably from anger and she looked up at us, her eyes full of tears.

"You stole him from me you bitch!" She went ahead to slap me but I stopped her.

Her eyes widened, not expecting me to be so strong.

"Listen up, I might have left it before because you bore me to death but, don't you dare talk to me in this way again. I didn't steal anyone, maybe if you weren't such a spoiled brat then you might have even stood a chance." My voice stayed leveled, not wavering even once.

She looked like she was about to break, I almost pitied her.

"Stay away from her." Max stepped in front of me protectively.

"B-but." Tears were flowing down her face.

"You heard me. I know you're the reason she ended up outside in the storm that night. And let me tell you, I will never forgive or let you hurt her ever again." His voice sounded calm but so commanding.

She looked between us one last time before running away sobbing.

"Told you girls were annoying." Max grinned at me.

"Yeah, you're so right." I watched her shadow disappear.

I heard a cough from our right and turned to see Ace smirking.

He approached us. "Too bad, the pretty girl is taken now." He winked at me before walking away.

Will also came up to us. "You better take care of my best friend." He patted Max's shoulder.

For once, Max didn't react but smiled and muttered an "I will."

~~~~~

I was deeply asleep, the faint sound of the drumming roar of the engine of the plane in the background.

Warmth crawled up my arm when a hand reached for mine. My heartbeat increased as they interlocked our fingers.

Half conscious, I opened my eyes to look at him.

He was looking back at me, his kneck was a bit red, but I still saw it.

"You're blushing." I stated.

"I'm not good at this." His blushing face looked down.

"I know, but I don't mind." I smiled.

I was doing a lot of smiling today.

"Oh yeah," I remembered something. "On the journey here.. You kissed my forehead."

"Oh.." He cleared his throat. "You felt that?"

"Yep."

"That's, kind of embarassing.." He used his free hand to rub his kneck in embarrassment.

"It's sweet."

"Really?" His eyes finally met mine.

I nodded, my eyes growing heavy.

Something about traveling made me sleepy as I always enjoyed the feeling of rocking in a car, train, bus or plane. It very effectively put me to sleep, and I could fall asleep on any of those.

My head felt heavy and I finally closed my eyes. I rested it on his shoulder, our hands still holding on tightly.

This week had been eventful, a lot had happened. I tried to hold on to these memories, the good and the bad. Because even the bad ones resulted in us being together and I was overjoyed.

I would never forget this place and everything that had occurred here. I couldn't wait to go home but also felt kind of nervous to go back to my life from before. I couldn't help but worry that I'd come back and realise this was all just a dream and hadn't truly happened.

Because this was the place, where everything had changed.

~~~~~

Shorter chapter but I'm so happy right now! Is it weird that I ship them so much? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was a bit uneventful considering what I've got planned ahead...

Anyways, I just want to say I'm so grateful to anyone supporting this story! I know it sounds weird that I'm happy with a couple of views but you can ask my friends, even 1 view makes me so happy!! I've said happy 4 times now.. But I don't actually know who you are unless you comment or vote! Thanks for reading.
-Bella