SIXTEEN

i am SO sorry for the lack of updates over the past 5 days, i've had mocks all week! but now i'm off for tw weeks so i intend to write much so expect updates galore my lieblings, and for those of u wondering sin WILL have updates soon i'm just try...

i am SO sorry for the lack of updates over the past 5 days, i've had mocks all week! but now i'm off for tw weeks so i intend to write much so expect updates galore my lieblings, and for those of u wondering sin WILL have updates soon i'm just trying to get two more chapters done for belladonna tonight and then i will update sin :)

enjoy x

word count; 2050

Rosamund

We journeyed for a week from Winchester to Llanfaes. It was a surprisingly simple journey, with little disruption. The roads were clear and the weather, while not perfect, was admissible. The frost had not yet bitten.

As soon as we crossed the border into Gwynedd my world changed. I was no longer a Princess of Aquitaine but a Queen in waiting. My ladies, too, were elevated. For now, they would be serving the highest authority in the land. I had no doubt they would behave in the required manner.

"Is that it, Godwin?" I asked, watching as a large city came into sight. Godwin, a well-aged man, nodded.

"It is, lady."

And so we continued. I will not bore you with the details of our journey but know this; my arrival was one of great expectations. As soon as the gates of the city of Llanfaes opened, people gathered to see their new Queen. I was a spectacle. The crowds were lined with hawk-eyed men and women, cheering as if they loved me. I rather disagreed; they loved what I represented. Even in the ninth century, my title represented something much bigger than myself; stability. The idea of a higher social class that was meant to rule; God-given rights. I disagreed to the fullest extent of my ability but to voice this would merely shatter the illusion to a few; no one would be enlightened and I myself would be disgraced in the eyes of the nobility. That did not seem the best way to start my Queenship.

It took but a few moments for us to arrive at, what appeared to be, the Palace. It was similar to Winchester's; the walls were high and made of stone, reaching heights I had never seen before. It was just as Owain had described it in his letters; tall in height and stunning in its beauty. The light hit the windows in such a way that it reflected in all directions, beaming down. I could not help but feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. It was, truly, beautiful.

I dismounted my horse and came face to face with my future husband. He was taller than I recalled and had more facial hair than when I had previously seen him. But, alas, he suited it. I could not help but admit, to you, that he was a handsome man. It was not as if I was marrying a middle-aged man, warts and all, but a young and handsome warrior. He was a victory in most women's eyes; even Aethelflaed had passed comment to me on it. I was not losing out to most, it seemed, and if I had not met Finan I would've disagreed.

"Rosamund," Owain greeted me with a wide smile and a kind voice. I returned it,

"Hello, Owain," I spoke softly, glancing at him with a weakened, nervous smile. It was a type of nerve I had never experienced before. It was a fear of the unknown dwelled within me, a level of uncertainty that was unprecedented. There was a pause before he spoke again,