Sincerely, Best friend

Jin

Last night was too informative.

Both Yoongi and V came out to me. They both shared such important secrets of their lives. Though I really want to know more about V, today is about Yoongi. I really want to understand what can be done. I want to see what's good for him. I want to speak to Jimin.

I called Jimin to one of my favourite coffeeshops in town. If I am having a serious talk, I'd rather have the best coffee with it. I asked him not to let anyone know about this meeting. The coffeeshop is located almost 3km away from their office, so there's no way I'd run into either Yoongi or Hosoek. As I entered the coffeeshop, I saw Jimin waiting for me. This guy has always been very punctual in fact better.
"Hey Jimin" I said and sat in the seat opposite to his.
"Hi hyung" he said looking at me with a dull face.
"How is Yoongi?" he asked. I guess he figured that I know something.
"Didn't you meet him in the office?"
"I didn't go today. I wanted to clear my head before I head back."
"I understand."
"Hyung?"
"Jimin?"
"What all did he tell you?"
"He told me everything"
"Oh."
"Let's order our coffees first okay?"
"Yeah"

I returned to our table with two iced americano. "Let's talk now" I said as I placed the coffee cups on the table.
"Yoongi said you are scared about your career. Is that all you are scared about?"
"I.... I" he hesitated.
"Jimin-a, I am your hyung too. You can be honest with me."
"I like him hyung. More than anything. I usually never liked any of Hoseok's friend. I have too many insecurities about my looks, my life, my job etc. I always made sure to distance myself from people. But Yoongi hyung was different. Even calling him hyung is hurting me. I wanna be with him. I wanna love him. I wanna feel his love. I knew he liked me. I knew what his subtle actions meant. I just never really thought about this day. I guess I never expected him to confess his feelings. I really don't know what to do hyung. Hosoek thinks Yoongi hurt me with his words. The reality is different. I just couldn't tell him. I don't want to lose both of them hyung. I am sure Hosoek isn't gay or I haven't seen him talk about gays. I don't know what he thinks about me. Hell, I don't know what Yoongi thinks about me." He said as he started crying.

"Jimin-a, will you answer my questions?"
"Yes hyung."
"Do you think Hosoek judges you for being gay?"
"No hyung. He doesn't and I am sure he won't."
"Do you fear that your parents or relatives will cause trouble?"
"My brother already knows hyung. My parents might worry but I am sure they will understand. My brother promised to help me in convincing them."
"Okay. Have you not had any gay guys in your company? In your team? Are there treated differently?"
"There are many closeted gay guys in our company hyung. The open ones are usually less in number but they aren't treated any different. Not by our dance team at least."
"So why would they treat you any different?"
"I don't think they will but what if they did? It's me hyung. They can make fun of me."
"Jimin-a, are you gay or bisexual?"
"Gay."
"If that's the case, you are going to have a man next to you someday. If not Yoongi, then someone else. You can't keep giving them hopes and shoving them away with your career talks Jimin-a. Anyone who loves you with their whole heart will be completely shattered." He was still sniffing and listening to me.

"I am not saying all this with just Yoongi in mind. Whomever it is, they all want their love to be reciprocated and have a happy ending. So you really have to think about this. Your profession isn't against LGBTQ. So you got a choice here. You just have to know how to balance your personal and professional life. I fear that you will end up losing something too precious like love to your insecurities."

"I... I know hyung. I just..."

"I didn't say all this to make you feel bad jimin-a. I really like you as a brother. I would never want you to get hurt. But I don't want to you to loose the best love story you could possibly have coz of your insecurities and baseless questions."

"I need time to think about all these hyung."

"Take all the time you want. Talk to Hoseok or Yoongi even. I have never been in love so I don't know how this works. All I can say is you really need to widen your circle of possibilities and start erasing the insecurities from your mind. You are perfect the way you are. Yoongi really likes you. He is the most dependable person one can meet. I will be very happy if you give you two a chance."

He didn't reply. I guess I crossed my line.

"I am sorry if I said anything wrong Jimin-a." I sincerely apologized.

"Hyung please don't. I really am embarrassed to be like this in front of you. I have always been this smiling, ever so happy person when it comes to you and Yoongi. Being like this makes me scared. I fear if I say anything, you will end up hating me too."

"Jimin, I don't think I made my point clear. You are a brother to me. I am going to be on your side till the end. Yoongi likes you too much that he wants you for himself. No one who knows you in personal level can ever hate you. Okay?"

"Thank you Hyung. I really don't know how to thank you enough."

"Just sort this with Yoongi. He is hurt and I don't want him to be that way. Whatever it is, speak it out loud."

"You truly are a great friend hyung."

"Well, I feel like shit. I didn't know such huge thing about my friend until last night. I still have a long way before I gain all his trust."

I am sure going to be the finest best friend Yoongi can ever find.