The Parth that night was different. He was a different form of selfless. All those days I used to keep fighting with him and arguing with him thinking there was no sweet side to him but that day... he was nothing but honey in its purest form. That's why people call their significant others honey, huh?

I'm neither a baby nor a doll.

I pressed backspace on the entire sentence. Come on, he'd gone out of the way to get me a gift and a free drop back home, cut him some slack woman. All the guilt I'd pooled in myself for the last forty minutes poured out as...

*Tum ghar pahunch gaye?*

'Delivered 11:52' changed to 'Read 11:52'. My heart skipped a beat.

*

Parth

Ek toh 'baby doll' type karke izzat duba diya khudka; ab itna jaldi reply bhi mat kar bhai, tujhe vella samjhegi.

Play hard to get.

I listened to my brain and typed my message quickly, involuntarily smiling at my phone, but after I was done, I counted till thirty in my head before sending the message through. Play-hard-to-get, what a fantastic concept!

*Bas abhi abhi, maine jaga diya tumko?*

That is laced with so much concern, delete it. Our comfort level had gone from 55 to 95 suddenly, what the actual fuck? No, slow down... Her reply dashed in instantly though, boosting my ego a tad.

*Nahi... bilkul nahi.*

The best way to describe the feeling I was experiencing is to compare it to a crush. How would you react if your crush sends you a text? Wouldn't you want to open it immediately, and see what it says? Wouldn't you want to reply promptly, because you never know how long the moment might last? Wouldn't you want to hold on to the smallest grain of hope, just because somewhere deep down, you're desperate for it to happen?

I couldn't even control the grin on my face.

*

Niti

I AM OFFICIALLY LOVING THIS PHASE.

We had shoot starting eight in the morning, and I had to be in bed by then to actually get my proper 7 hours of sleep but nah... I was sitting wide awake, staring at my phone as if it possessed some magic to grant me the much-needed rest without sleeping.

*But main doll bhi nahi hoon aur baby bhi nahi hoon. -pout emoji- * I was acting cute on purpose, just to see if he would call me that. Cute.

Wait... did I just... double text? No, he'll think you're desperate!

Delivered 11:56, Read 11:58.

See, you are messing with your sleek chances.

*You are. I'm lucky I got to see one shade of Niti Taylor huh? ;)*

I gawked again at his teases, before locking the screen–hence, leaving him on seen. I could maybe pee and get back and reply, formulate a good response in the bathroom! WAH!

*

Parth

Seen? Huh! Mujhe seen pe chodd diya? PARTH SAMTHAAN KO?

Why is your last name Samthaan? Her voice rung through my ears like a surround speaker.

I was going to tease her about that question too, but I realized my izzat was already flowing in some drain. Plus double texting after being 'seenzoned,' not the best idea.