36 - "You're safe now."

________________________________

"I still believe in you,and in this burning room,I'll suffer trough the pain

and in this burning room,
I'll suffer trough the pain."

Leave Like That - SYML

________________________________

XXXVI.
\\ RESOLUTION //

Arden felt no pain.

It was strange to her, because she thought that she would have at least felt a fraction of a second of pain before dying. She was sure that pain would have beaten death to her.

"Arden!"

The silence was broken by someone crying out her name, and Arden became confused...wondering where the sound came from.

But that was when Arden opened her eyes, and she saw Zoe still standing in front of her with the gun pointed at her chest. Arden looked down at her chest where she should have felt pain, to see no blood, no wound...nothing.

She looked back up with parted lips and confusion in her eyes as her mind raced, trying to figure out where the shot came from.

"Hey!"

A voice came from up the hill and when Zoe looked back at them, Brandon grabbed Arden's hand, pulling her close to him as figures wearing animal masks started to make their way down. Swallowing nervously, Arden saw that some of them had guns, and the one with the sheep mask fired off two more shots as they made their way over.

Oh my God, they're here to kill us. The thought flashed through Arden's mind.

As if sensing the same thing, Brandon held Arden tighter, and Elisia and Rowan clung to each other, breathing in and out as the masked people made their way over to Zoe. The one with the sheep mask stood close to her as the others gathered around.

Zoe smiled triumphantly, happy that she now had some back up there to help kill them. Brandon kept his arms around her protectively, and Arden braced herself for everything to end.

But suddenly, the person with the sheep mask raised his gun and pointed it at Zoe, "Drop it!"

Arden's lips parted, and even Zoe looked back at them in surprise. Rowan, Arden, Elisia, and Brandon stood there, unsure of what was happening and who the people in the masks were.

"Drop it, Zoe!" Sheep man repeated.

Arden looked at all of the masks, confused, and that was when Rowan took the opportunity while Zoe had her guard down and snatched the gun away from her, pushing Elisia, Arden, and Brandon behind her as she pointed the gun at Zoe.