39 - "The first thing is friendship."

_________________________________

"These are my friends, these are my friends,I love them

I love them..."

These Are My Friends - lovelytheband
_________________________________

XXXIX.
\\ FRIENDS FOREVER //

"First, thing on my list is friendship. The key to happiness is finding your tribe. Cherish the real ones. The ones who never judge you. The ones who know the real you but still stick around. But don't forget that friends can surprise you, 'cause we didn't like each other at first. Yeah, you just...you gotta be patient. Great things can happen."

@    @    @

The mood in the air was ecstatic as Rowan, Elisia, and Arden stood on the platform of the train station, and Arden could feel the excitement bubbling inside her. She'd been counting down to this day for the past 3 weeks, and now that it was finally here, she could barely keep still as they waited.

As each train came and went, the girls counted down how many trains were left until the one they were waiting on would arrive.

After about thirty minutes of waiting and fighting the urge to pace back and forth, the 3:45pm train pulled in and Arden felt her heart picking up pace in her chest. This was it.

Rowan grabbed Arden's hand, and Arden grabbed Elisia's as it slowly set in what was about to happen. They looked at each other, smiling excitedly as people began un-boarding the train.

The three of them strand their necks looking above and around the people getting off the train, trying to spot her. Arden couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this excited to see someone in her life.

And then after a few moments, Rowan spotted her, yelling out...

"Hailey!"

Not even a few seconds later, Arden and Elisia then spotted her as well, and Hailey grinned when she saw the three of them. Rowan, Arden, and Elisia immediately ran over to her and hugged their returned best friend, laughing happily.

Hailey embraced them tightly, her voice cracking as she teared up, "I missed you guys so much."

Arden felt tears in the brims of her eyes, her heart so full of emotion as her best friends all held each other, all together again. After a moment, they pulled away, and Arden really got a look at Hailey. She looked the same, but also brighter and more radiant.

"We missed you too, Hailey." Rowan smiled, a tear sliding down her cheek, "We're so happy you're home."

It was so hard to believe it had been months since she had left, months that they had fought for this moment for her to come back. And now, there she was...and it was so hard to believe after all they had been through that they had won.

"I have to get home and unpack." Hailey told them, "But do you guys wanna get breakfast in the morning? Catch up? I want to hear everything I missed."

I nodded, "Absolutely."

"Of course." Elisia also nodded.

Again the four of then hugged each other, laughing happily. Arden couldn't be more happier in that moment, knowing that they were together again and thankful to have friends like the ones she had. She didn't know what or where she would be without her friends.

When they let go of each other, Hailey smiled, "Well, my mom is waiting for me in the parking lot, so I—"

"Hailey..."

She looked up from them, and when she saw who walked out from behind the pillar, her lips parted and her heart fluttered in her chest.

Her lips parted, "Hawk?"

He nodded, a smile pulling at his lips as he looked at her almost as if he still wasn't sure she was was actually standing in front of him.

And after a moment, Hailey ran over to him and into his arms, hugging him tightly. Arden smiled happily as she watched the two of them embrace. She had never seen Hawk smile so big, and had never seen Hailey look so radiant.

Rowan nudged Arden playfully, "Did you do this?"

Arden smirked in response, "I may have texted him on the way here."

Elisia and Rowan smiled, seeing Hailey glowing in happiness, and as Arden stood there, watching Hailey and Hawk talk excitedly, she felt all of her friends coming together again. Rowan pulled Arden and Elisia into her, and Arden leaned her head on Rowan's shoulder, closing her eyes, feeling the sun on her face, and smiling as she breathed out in contentment.

Her friends were all here now, and for the first time in a long time, Arden believed everything was going to be okay.

__________________________________

"It's pretty good company,
it cheers me up when I feel bad..."