21 - "I got you."

________________________________

"There's no surrenderAnd there's no escapeAre we the hunters?Or are we the prey?"

And there's no escape
Are we the hunters?
Or are we the prey?"

Game of Survival - Ruelle

________________________________

XXI.
\\ THE PLAN //

The next morning, Arden awoke in Elisia's bed, having fallen asleep at some point during the night talking to her. Elisia was still asleep across from her, her eyes still puffy from crying herself to sleep. Arden sat up slowly, her eyes softening as she looked at her, knowing that last night had been so hard on her.

Arden let out a quiet yawn, reaching over to the nightstand and grabbed her phone, unlocking it to check to see if she had any messaged from Hailey or Rowan.

However, the only messages she had were a couple flash messages from random people she went to school with.

Elisia then began to stir and Arden looked away from her phone to see Elisia opening up her eyes. Sighing to herself, she looked over at Arden, seeing that she was still there and had just woken up herself.

Arden offered her a soft smile, "Hey."

"Hey," Elisia yawned as she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly.

"Exhausted," Elisia leaned her head against her hand, then gestured towards Arden's phone in her hand, "Any messages from Rowan or Hailey?"

"None yet," Arden shook her head, "If they don't message us in the next hour or so I'll text them and check in."

Elisia nodded, then tiredly leaned her head back against the headboard. Arden phone vibrated in her hand, causing her to took down and see another flash message.

Arden frowned, wondering what was going on that everyone seemed to be sending flashes of. So, she clicked open the app and went to her newsfeed, scrolling through it.

And that's when she saw it.

A picture of ambulances outside of the house that she and Elisia were standing in front of last night. The caption read: #RestInPeaceNicki

No...no, what she was reading couldn't be true.

There was no way. They were just there last night...Nicki was fine.