33 - "I would never leave you."

________________________________

 "I don't want to see you fall,I don't want to hear you cry,I just wanna see those eyes coming back for me

I don't want to hear you cry,
I just wanna see those eyes
coming back for me.
So move a little closer to me."

Closer - Majik

________________________________

XXXIII.
\\ CHOICES //

"Shit, shit, shit..."

Arden cursed to herself as Stinger was speeding down the road. Brandon laid still unconscious in front of her, the two of them in the back trunk area of the van. Elisia sat beside Stinger in the passenger seat and Rowan sat in one of the backseats, looking back at Arden holding Brandon's hand in hers, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

Stinger put the warm air on blast, warming up the van so much that everyone else inside was beginning to sweat. Arden shrugged off her jacket and wrapped it around Brandon, trying to warm him up even more.

Until they reached Stinger's it was all they could do to get him warmed up.

"Brandon, stay with me, okay?" She talked to him.

Rowan shrugged her jacket off, handing it to Arden, "Here."

Arden took it from her quickly, and put it over Brandon, adding a extra layer to try to warm him up. She then propped him up against the wall of the van, tucking the jackets around him. Her heart was racing, looking up at the front of the van, seeing the street lamps blur past them. Stinger was already speeding fast through town but it still didn't seem fast enough.

Rowan looked back at her, seeing how scared Arden was, and her eyes softened. Arden wondered if Rowan had ever felt this kind of fear she was feeling. Where it felt like she was falling, plummeting. Her veins felt like ice, her heart was slamming against her ribcage, and there was a heavy weight in her chest.

After a few moment's Brandon drew in a sharp breath, coming to...and Arden's lips parted as his eyes started to flicker open a little bit. They were barely open, and he blinked a couple times before turning his head towards her.

"Ard—..." He swallowed, "Arden?"

"Yeah, it's me." She nodded, "I'm here. You're gonna be okay."

Brandon winced, "...m-m-my s-skin...feels like...it's on f-fire..."

His breathing picked up and he continued to wince in pain. Arden knew it was because his body had been so cold that the heat was ten times more intense. He was trying to shrug off the jackets she had laid over him, so Arden took his hands in hers, trying to comfort him the best she could.

"...fuck..." He groaned in pain, "...it h-hurts..."

"I...I know it hurts...but we gotta get you warm, okay?" She swallowed, "Just try to focus on breathing...focus on me."