15 - "You okay?"

_______________________________

"I'll face my fear of the evening,Once I get used to this feeling,I can't sleep,That's when you're torn away from me

Once I get used to this feeling,
I can't sleep,
That's when you're torn away from me."

Eyelids - PVRIS

_______________________________

XV.
\\ MASTERMIND //

The next day...

There's a whole level of tiredness when it starts to feel like your eyelids are magnets. The pull so strong that they can barely be kept open. And that was exactly how Arden felt walking through the courtyard as she headed towards where Rowan texted her to meet.

As Rowan promised her yesterday, she sent out a text to her and Elisia telling them to meet in the quad before class to discuss everything that had happened in the past week. She also said she'd find a way to get ahold of Hailey, but so far, she was no where to be found.

So, deciding not to wait for her, the three of them found a spot to sit away from everyone else who was hanging around the quad, that way they could talk.

"You okay?" Rowan frowned as she looked at Arden.

She clearly could see how Arden dragged herself over and plopped down between them. She had nightmares— well...one nightmare over and over again all night last night so she got barely any sleep.

"I'm fine," Arden assured her, "Just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

When she woke up this morning, she could barely even get out of bed. She did the bare minimum to get ready too...throwing on some leggings and a t-shirt, then throwing a hat over her messy hair. In fact, Arden probably would have skipped today if it wasn't for this meeting they had to have.

"Did anything happen with Brandon yesterday?" Rowan asked her curiously.

"Other than him acting like an ass? No, not really." Arden sighed, "I do feel like he's hiding something though. When I mentioned the video of Dunbar, he deflected it."

She recalled the conversation they had, and how he told her to stay away from him. He was clearly hiding something.

"I'm not giving up though." Arden assured them, "I'll keep at it."

Rowan nodded, then shrugged her backpack off. Arden glanced over as she unzipped it and started rummaging through it for something.

"I went through Trevor's backpack," She told them, "I found this."

Looking over, Arden saw her pull a camouflage scope, showing it to them. Frowning, she wondered why he would have had that in his backpack, especially at school. It was definitely suspicious.