30 - "It's Mr. Empty."

_______________________________

"I feel colder, colderMy heart is still open

My heart is still open."

Vultures - Collard, MTMBO

_______________________________

XXX.
\\ MRMT //

Arden wasn't exactly sure how she imagined her morning starting out...but standing in the middle of a playground, staring down at a shallow hole where something was once buried wasn't at all what she had expected.

And that something that was buried...was Jake's gun.

Arden had been woken up early that morning by Elisia calling her in a panic, breathlessly telling her that she had gotten a message from KingCobra telling her that if she didn't bury a brown paper bag in the park, that Tessa would be killed. She even got a live video taken in Tessa's room while she was sleeping, threatening her life unless Elisia did what she was told.

When Elisia got to the park, she looked inside the bag and found Jake's gun inside. The one that had been missing since the night Ash was shot. She was terrified but she knew she had no choice but to bury it. She couldn't risk Tessa's life.

Now, Arden stood next to Rowan and Elisia, the three of them looking down the spot where it was buried, and there was now nothing to be found.

"Jake's gun is gone." Elisia swallowed, "This is bad."

Rowan shook her head slowly, "I can't believe someone was in Tessa's room."

"Well she tweeted this morning so, she's still alive." Elisia said.

"But why Tessa?" Arden frowned.

"Probably because she's so damn nosey," Elisia said, "I mean, she wont stop asking about Nicki. And she's suspicious about this one girl named Jai Mathis. She stole Jai's phone and Jai had a photo of me at the grotto the night Ash got shot. The night I was supposed to be dead."

"So Jai is a zoo member," Arden pieced it together, "She must have sent that photo of you to King Cobra. That's how he found out you were alive."

"Maybe she knows who shot Ash." Elisia said sadly, "Maybe she shot Ash."

Arden's stomach lurched a little, wondering if Jai could have been then one to almost kill Ash. But if that were true, why would Jai have wanted to shoot him?

Rowan looked at them, "Was Zoe even King Cobra?"

"Maybe the real King Cobra killed Zoe," Elisia said.