Chapter 5: Lullaby

Start from the beginning

"That's not fair." Morro objected as Wu gave him his own cup of tea. "No, it isn't. little one." (Y/N) agreed with a heavy sigh.

"It is believed that they have exterminated all the Dragons but I have seen for myself. Dragons still live even if they no longer live in that realm." (Y/N) told Morro ruffling his hair.

"Were people mean to you because of your birthmark?" Morro asked grabbing ahold of her arm.

"My clan put a lot of pressure on me to be a strong warrior because being born with something beyond my control because it put a huge target on my back,"

"They didn't want the monarchy to get me. So they trained me hard; regardless if it was their orders to do so. They did it out of care and I hold no ill in my heart towards them for what they had to do." (Y/N) said tracing her mark with her injured hand.

Wu could see the mixed pain in her eyes just talking about it. Morro could as well and snuggled up on her lap and hugged her.

"I'm sorry that I made you sad." Morro said hugging her harder and (Y/N) hugged him back. "It's ok little one it just a sore subject." (Y/N) told him stroking his hair.

"Don't listen to those bad people from where you're from. I like your birthmark and like you said Dragons are good here so you don't have to worry about people being afraid of you." Morro said with pride causing (Y/N) to smile.

"Thank you little one. I like your hair, the green stripe suits you." (Y/N) complemented the little one while playing with his hair.

Morro let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes. "Someone tired after such a long day why don't you go to bed and rest." Wu chuckled finishing his tea.

"(Y/N), can you sleep in my room tonight?" Morro pleaded still rubbing his tired eyes. "Why?" (Y/N) questioned not understand why he made such a request to her.

"I want you to stay here where it's safe and I want to make sure you'll be here in the morning when I wake up." Morro admitted give her the biggest puppy dog eyes he could muster for her.

(Y/N) looked to Wu who insisted that she do so. "Ok, little one." (Y/N) said hugging him tightly.

"Want a lullaby as well?" (Y/N) asked as she carried him off to his room. "Yes, please." Morro yawned his eyelids becoming heavy today had worn him out.