Helpless

Warnings: Manipulation, implied emotional abuse

---

"Logan!" Patton knocked on the Logical Side's door. "I brought you some cookies!"
There was no answer.
Patton tried knocking again. "Lo! Cookies! Can I come in?"
Still nothing.
He frowned slightly before looking both ways down the hall. Neither Virgil or Roman seemed to be around.

Shifting the plate of cookies to balance on one hand, he opened the door and stepped inside. "Been working hard Lo-" He stared at Logan's desk in surprise, he wasn't there. A brief search of the room revealed that he wasn't in there at all.

Patton sighed before walking over to the desk. He'd just leave the cookies here for Logan to have when he got back from, wherever he was. He didn't spend as much time with Logan as they used to, and while he understood his need for silence and a time to unwind, he missed his company.

Not wanting to linger around in his room for longer than necessary, Patton turned to go when he noticed something laying on Logan's desk.

A yellow rose.

"Well, that won't do." Patton placed his hands on his hips. "Flowers should be kept in vases." He looked around the room in search of one, but there didn't seem to be any, and he wasn't about to go poking around Logan's room without his permission.

A solution came to Patton and he quickly ran down to the kitchen, returning with a glass of water.
"Here you go little guy!" Patton smiled and set the glass on the desk before carefully setting the rose inside. "You must've been thirsty! Maybe that's where Logan went, to find you a nice vase." Patton gently patted the rose's petals. "Hope this will make you happy until he gets one!"

The rose seemed to brighten a bit, much to Patton's delight.
"I wonder where Logan found you. You're such a pretty flower!" He imagined having a bouquet of yellow roses in the living room, they'd be so pretty!

Giggling to himself he turned to leave when he once again, noticed something odd on Logan's desk.

A folded up piece of paper.

Patton's mind immediately went back to the note he and Virgil had found outside of Logan's room. Was this another one? He tugged on the sleeves of his cat hoodie nervously. It would be wrong for him to read something that belonged to Logan, but what if it was something bad?

What if it involved him?

Patton glanced over his shoulder and, with shaking hands, reached for the note. He quickly read the few words that were written there. His eyes widened and he accidentally crinkled the paper. As fast as he could without causing more damage, he folded the note up again before returning it to its previous spot on Logan's desk before backing away.

What did it mean? Who sent him that?

Patton quickly ran out of the room and shut the door behind him. What was he supposed to do? Tell the others? No, he couldn't do that. Virgil would start worrying again and Roman would bombard Logan with questions. He shook his head and made his way downstairs. He'd just have to keep this to himself.

Coming down to the living room he saw Virgil reclining on the couch, phone in hand and headphones on. Roman was sitting at the table, writing something on a piece of paper.
"Hiya kiddos!" Patton chirped.

"Hey Padre." Roman didn't look up from whatever he was working on while Virgil waved.

"Who's hungry? I'm making a pasta bake for dinner!" Patton announced happily.
"Sounds lovely, Patton." Roman still didn't look up. Patton chuckled softly before heading into the kitchen. He got out a pot and began boiling water.

As he moved around the kitchen prepping his ingredients he kept glancing over Roman and Virgil. While he was glad that the two weren't secluding themselves in their rooms anymore, he wished they'd go back to interacting with each other. He missed their playful banter, and Roman's passionate singing that Virgil pretended to be annoyed by.