Deceit

Warnings: Mild Panic Attack

---

Logan had received a note exactly one week later from Deceit, telling him to once again be ready at midnight. While he should've been relieved that he'd finally be getting answers, a part of him still doubted Deceit's reliability to tell the truth.

I want to trust him, but how can I when he is the personification of Deceit? All of this could still be an elaborate set up in whatever scheme he's planning...

He kept going over his last encounter with Deceit, he hadn't detected any malice behind his actions.

Still... He is Deceit... He could easily hide his true emotions...

Speaking of hiding emotions, Logan didn't seem to be the only one hiding his. He knew Patton was hiding something, and recently Virgil had been acting strange around him too. The only one who wasn't hiding anything from him was Roman. Well, Roman was hiding things from Patton and Virgil. So really, everyone was keeping secrets, not just him. Which, in a strange way, made Logan feel slightly better about himself.

Then he remembered that Roman thought he was in love with Patton and that Virgil thinks he's in love with Roman...

A part of him was screaming to tell the truth and clear everything up, but then another part shouted that it would only lead to them finding out about Deceit.

Then there was Logan himself, who had all of his own reasons why telling them would be a bad idea.

If I told Roman that I didn't love Patton, he'd most likely forget about the whole thing. He's the only one who doesn't know about my crush... However, he's been spending more time with Patton and Virgil lately so it's only a matter of time before one them tells him about it. And if he knows by then that it's not Patton he'll narrow it down to himself and Virgil...

Logan began to pace back and forth. He'd been doing a lot of that lately. Especially once he realized that it was the only way for him to think about this situation without becoming overwhelmed. He had to keep moving.

The same will happen with Virgil if I tell him that it's not Roman. Except he'll assume it's himself or Patton. Then if Roman tells him that it's not Patton then... Then they'll all think I'm in love with Virgil! And once he's ruled out then... Then maybe they'll think I never had a crush at all?

Logan shook his head.

Unlikely, I admitted to Patton that I had one. Besides, if I told them I no longer had one they'd all think I simply gave up on it because of my nerves... Then they'd all encourage me to pursue it even more.

He gripped the sides of his head and closed his eyes.

Why did I ever say anything?! None of this would be happening if I'd just kept my thoughts to myself! I can't think logically, all of these emotions are clouding my judgment, what am I supposed to do?!

He felt his heart beginning to pick up speed. He curled his hand into a fist and held it over his mouth.

Breathe... Breathe... Do not panic... There is no reason to panic... Breathe...

Logan closed his eyes and kept pacing. As long as he kept moving, he'd be fine. Besides, it was almost midnight, Deceit would be here soon and he wouldn't be alone. With that in mind Logan kept pacing and focused on taking deep breaths. Every time he checked his clock another minute had passed.

Just one more minute...

Midnight came and Logan looked around for Deceit, wondering where and how he'd appear this time. But after several seconds went by, and Deceit didn't arrive, Logan began to worry.