Chapter 10: A Jester and a Murderer

Start from the beginning

"Ugh." - was your response.

Maintaining his hand on your shoulders, Jevil slithered his purple tail out from your waist, leading it to retrieve a hanging towel - "Here we go, nice and clean!"

"Hey, I can take it."

"Ah, Ah-" Jevil refused to hand you the towel that fast "Can you stand still?"

"It's alright, I got this. Thank you." - Giving you the full control, The jester hesitantly let his tail uncurl from your torso, before levitating aside. Perhaps your stomach had stopped lurching, yet it merely excluded in bruised insides. "I will never eat a mac'n'cheese again."

"A Spade impersonating the head king, a Rule Card role-playing as a chef and master of puzzles - I told, I told you! This realm has gone - CUCKOO!" - The Jester's head bounced like a Jack in the Box supported by a spring, his head wearing a rather macabre grin and shrilling eyes. "What a gag of frivolity. And then they called me corrupted."

You stared at him, fiddling the towel back to its place. "Wasn't it like that before? I thought it's been going on like this since forever."

"Nope! Everyone was completing their according positions. Before the Knight decided to show his power, his force!"

"...The King did mention a strange 'Knight' to me. In fact, he was sure that I somehow know him."

"Oh, and do you?"

"Do I look like I have any bloody idea what's going on this world?"

"UEE HEE, You got me! You must understand - The foolish Rules Card is nothing more but a nuisance, a fuss. His place of order was of minor importance: But nooo, this gent had to bargain for a higher rank. Now, look at him, being all fancy and lavish, standing proud as the King's left hand."

You watched as Jevil spoke of the King's court with such hatred and objection, that it was almost spine-chilling to look at him whenever he spoke with clenched teeth. "Man, you hate this place more than anyone else I've ever seen."

"If you were locked in here as long as I was, you would've murdered everyone decades ago... " - he waved you off, jokingly.

But you glared at him as if looking within his eyes, yet not directly. You have emerged in your train of thoughts once more:

_______________________________

A blistering star shone within the lab, it's vivid light sending an odd yet recognizable warmth. Knowing this familiar golden glitter, you are filled with...

"Oh God, Oh god - what-what in the world just happened? ████ ? How did I get back here, please tell me this isn't real, please?!"

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)! Calm down, I beg you! What- what's wrong?!"

Your hysterical weeps echoed in the corridors of the lab that night.

It seems, you two went beyond any field of quantum physics, breaking a new reality of finding new aspects within the fabric of time, space and power.

_______________________________

"What's that I see?" - Having spoken up, Jevil pulled you out of your nonexisting memory lane. Turning back to him, you saw that he was eyeing something shiny lying on the bathroom countertop

"Huh?" - you took the said object of interest - "Oh It's a (fav-color) hairband... I got it from-"

"Ooh! From those paper dancers?"